X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gogokart98
    replied
    Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
    It sounds to me that they want Police Officers, not Cops. They pay seems below average for the area and not worth risking termination if you aren't "warm and fuzzy" enough for them.
    I cant stop thinking about how high their failure rate is.... that really is something to consider if anyone gets that call, especially if you are already certified at another dept. You'd be taking a paycut and a chance....

Leave a comment:

• cubsfan07
    replied
    It sounds to me that they want Police Officers, not Cops. They pay seems below average for the area and not worth risking termination if you aren't "warm and fuzzy" enough for them.

Leave a comment:

• chgometro
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus259
    Ha, I remember you, lol. I was sitting all the way up front with the tan pants. I was all by myself, lol. I was maybe the 5/6th one done? That "pick the symbol" section gave me a headache, as did that "pick the right code" section. What a pain in the *****, lol

It does seem like a growing department with a lot of potential, but they came off really cocky to me. The one guys comment about how "we can fire you if we don't like your hair cut, that's just how we are", didn't come as humorous to me. They want you to pass all these things, tests, FTO, jump through hoops, etc, yet they express that you are entirely expendable if they don't like as much as your smile. Didn't give me much confidence there.
    I had a friend who worked there and he said they are very clickish, and bounce people over ridiculous reasons....

Leave a comment:

• chgometro
    replied
    Amazing. 200 was the limit. Only 164 were cleared through PSR to take the test by turning everything in. 124 showed up/signed in for the written. They are going straight from written, to doing interviews on the top 30. No POWER test either. Which is funny. They said you have to pass the Power test for them, before they send you to the Academy just to prove you can do it. Why not just test your eligibility list to make sure your potential hires can do it in the first place to save time? *shrug*

Because if you don't have to go to the academy, then no power test...saves the village money.....

Strange test though. It was the NCJSO, which is usually pretty easy. I took that test for County and another suburb. Yet, this test was called NCJSO 2, and was completely different, longer, and had some tricky sections followed by a mini-psyche test.
    It's new...

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    Ha, I remember you, lol. I was sitting all the way up front with the tan pants. I was all by myself, lol. I was maybe the 5/6th one done? That "pick the symbol" section gave me a headache, as did that "pick the right code" section. What a pain in the *****, lol

It does seem like a growing department with a lot of potential, but they came off really cocky to me. The one guys comment about how "we can fire you if we don't like your hair cut, that's just how we are", didn't come as humorous to me. They want you to pass all these things, tests, FTO, jump through hoops, etc, yet they express that you are entirely expendable if they don't like as much as your smile. Didn't give me much confidence there.

Test didnt seem that bad, took a similar one a while back. More of a pain in the a** some of those sections. But like you guys said, some of the things said were kinda iffy. They clearly stated that 2/3 of the people that make it out of the academy are let go from Frankfort during the FTO.... thats a pretty high washout number to me. Also made it very clear that this a community orientated PD. Not a bad thing, but for someone already certified or someone looking to run and gun, this would be a huge change from running street stops and hooking a lot of people for me. Kinda seemed to me like it was questionable if they are even going to hire off this list, even though they said maybe one or two. Oh well, took it and see what happens!

I loved how the one guy said we dont do the power test, but if we did it today, all of you should be able to pass. I sat in the same row as a guy who I saw at Alsip a while back totally blow the bench, had his second chance, failed it, and walked away yelling and cursing. I had to laugh to my self when I saw this joker there today. All in all, easy process today, in by 9 out by 1130.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    Amazing. 200 was the limit. Only 164 were cleared through PSR to take the test by turning everything in. 124 showed up/signed in for the written. They are going straight from written, to doing interviews on the top 30. No POWER test either. Which is funny. They said you have to pass the Power test for them, before they send you to the Academy just to prove you can do it. Why not just test your eligibility list to make sure your potential hires can do it in the first place to save time? *shrug*

Strange test though. It was the NCJSO, which is usually pretty easy. I took that test for County and another suburb. Yet, this test was called NCJSO 2, and was completely different, longer, and had some tricky sections followed by a mini-psyche test.
    it was pretty tricky. I was the one that asked about the power test. Odd that they don't test you before the interview. Seems like a good and growing department though.

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    Ill be there... loved the short notice given by PSR. Luckily I got my day off request approved short notice otherwise would have been a waste of $30, and one spot in that 200 applicants!

Leave a comment:

• chgometro
    replied
    went P.S.R on Thurs and saw a new study guide there. I asked what the deal was and they told me it was the one being used in Frankfort........

Leave a comment:

• CHItoDC
    replied
    My hometown. Keep it safe!

Like has been said, pretty quiet town. Most of the time you'll be wrangling kids from the massive high school...at least that's what I remember from my years there.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    Good luck tomorrow to all who attend! Just incase you guys didnt read the email all the way, you have to be there at 8:30 now instead of 9:30.

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    If you got a application confirmation number when you completed the online secton, you are in. First 200 to complete and pay is what I was told when I called last week.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    ^ Same here. I requested copies of my transcripts the day after I filled out the online app. They became ready for pickup today around 6. I am going tomorrow to turn them in.

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    Well I PAID to fill out my app online, even though I haven't sent the paperwork yet. I better be in that 200.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    Does this mean its too late to submit the required documents to their office? I already submitted the online app, but have yet to turn in my paper work from school and such. Is it too late or did they close the app process because 200 apps have been submitted already?

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    Looks like the apps already closed, assuming they already reached 200 apps. Hope everyone got their app in on time!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10024 users online. 306 members and 9718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X