• nzayed89
    replied
    Originally posted by gogokart98 View Post
    Passed in top 35, oral on march 26
    Congrats! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    Yeah I thought it was easy too, but even if I"m #36, it's the worst I've ever done on a written.

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    I thought that test was very easy to be honest, kinda like the post test. I was like the 5th or 6th person done! WIsh they would have told us the rank.

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    Originally posted by Item9 View Post
    I passed and didn't rank in the top 35. It really bothers me because I usually test in the mid to high 90s. I wish I could see my score. I bet it was that damned second part.

I was really really looking forward for the opportunity to work in Frankfort. Oh well...I'll try again in 2 years.
    Passed in top 35, oral on march 26

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    I passed and didn't rank in the top 35. It really bothers me because I usually test in the mid to high 90s. I wish I could see my score. I bet it was that damned second part.

I was really really looking forward for the opportunity to work in Frankfort. Oh well...I'll try again in 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• chgometro
    replied
    Same here....passed but didn't make the top 35. I emailed PSR to ask if I could have my score being that this was a new test and I wanted to see how I actually did. They advised that the department could only give out the results. I really would like to know for future testing.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    I called PSR and they wont give out your score or rank. They said it's up to the department if they want to tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• BMW1984
    replied
    I also passed and didn't get in the top 35. I thought I also did really well. I wonder if they had a lot of tie's with high scores.

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    I got my email today. I didnt place in top 35 . I thought I did really well too!

Leave a comment:

• ochave000
    replied
    those are mainly the reasons why you should kinda research depts and get a feel for what they offer, i had a Criminal Justice Instructer at College Of Dupage tell me , make sure the dept is a good fit for YOU, i try to always get a feel for areas before i apply and i have felt comfortable everywhere ive applied for the most part

can they say " we can terminate you if we dont like your haircut" how do could you do that to someone, i understand firing someone if they arent working out or just suck and not understanding it, but cause i dont like your hair cut seems pretty stupid and petty and seem like a bunch of control freaks with crazy egos.
    Last edited by ochave000; 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gogokart98
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus259
    PSR is pretty quick with getting results out. They were the ones who did the Richton Park test I was at. They had the scores out and letters within 2/3 weeks? It wasn't too bad of a wait. Plus the girls were damn fine, lol
    A big 10-4 to that comment! haha

Leave a comment:

• nzayed89
    replied
    I was thinking the same thing as niutrav09, it was probably a scare tactic! It doesnt sound right at all that they would waste money sending 3 to the academy only to drop 2? Anyway, I hope it doesnt take long for the scores to come out!

Leave a comment:

• niutrav09
    replied
    Anyone consider the fact that maybe this was simply a "scare tactic" as a way to weed out some weak links who may not be 100% serious about this career? I'm not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen this at an orientation.

And to join in on the interview discussion... I don't have a strong preference either way but in my experience, 1-on-1 interviews are more relaxed. They feel more like a conversation... it just flows much better opposed to group interviews where you answer a question and then wait 10 minutes while 5 other people give their answer.

Leave a comment:

• Item9
    replied
    I really hope to make the top 30. I would love to discuss that test, but the waiver said I would not discuss it on an internet forum. Yep, I actually read it.

I'm all for an exclusive department. If you get on there, then it can be that much better. I'd also rather be there than some place that gives a million chances to people, keeps them around, and none of their coworkers trust them or want to ride to calls with them.

I'm also happy there are group interviews. I always do really well in them. The last couple group interviews I participated in moved me up about 10 spots.

Good luck to everyone, but better luck to myself.

Leave a comment:

• cubsfan07
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus259
    Well, for someone that isn't certified, it's gold. They send you, you do the Academy, and if they wash you out, you can now claim preference anywhere else cause of that certification, lol
    Problem is, have fun getting a job at another police department after you were fired during FTO. You might be lucky to get hired P.T. by some s***hole town that is just happy that they don't have to spend money on you. Don't get me wrong, if I wasn't certified and the opportunity came, I would definitely take the chance. Just bite your tounge, do what THEY want, and keep your nose clean until you get off probation. THEN use that certification that you have as "gold" to apply to a department that better fits you. My best advise is to do a lot of research on a department before you apply there. You don't want to be stuck at a department you hate and you don't want to be a guy that hops departments every other year. Just looking at Frankfort's Annual Report on their website, I see that they CAD absolutely everything...lunches???? For crying out loud, if that has to be documented in a CAD system that tells me that their brass is way more interested in numbers (usually fudging numbers) than actual policework.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14068 users online. 466 members and 13602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X