Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck tomorrow to all who attend! Just incase you guys didnt read the email all the way, you have to be there at 8:30 now instead of 9:30.

Comment

My hometown. Keep it safe!

Like has been said, pretty quiet town. Most of the time you'll be wrangling kids from the massive high school...at least that's what I remember from my years there.
      This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

went P.S.R on Thurs and saw a new study guide there. I asked what the deal was and they told me it was the one being used in Frankfort........

Comment

Ill be there... loved the short notice given by PSR. Luckily I got my day off request approved short notice otherwise would have been a waste of $30, and one spot in that 200 applicants!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus259
            Amazing. 200 was the limit. Only 164 were cleared through PSR to take the test by turning everything in. 124 showed up/signed in for the written. They are going straight from written, to doing interviews on the top 30. No POWER test either. Which is funny. They said you have to pass the Power test for them, before they send you to the Academy just to prove you can do it. Why not just test your eligibility list to make sure your potential hires can do it in the first place to save time? *shrug*

Strange test though. It was the NCJSO, which is usually pretty easy. I took that test for County and another suburb. Yet, this test was called NCJSO 2, and was completely different, longer, and had some tricky sections followed by a mini-psyche test.
            it was pretty tricky. I was the one that asked about the power test. Odd that they don't test you before the interview. Seems like a good and growing department though.

Comment

Ha, I remember you, lol. I was sitting all the way up front with the tan pants. I was all by myself, lol. I was maybe the 5/6th one done? That "pick the symbol" section gave me a headache, as did that "pick the right code" section. What a pain in the *****, lol

It does seem like a growing department with a lot of potential, but they came off really cocky to me. The one guys comment about how "we can fire you if we don't like your hair cut, that's just how we are", didn't come as humorous to me. They want you to pass all these things, tests, FTO, jump through hoops, etc, yet they express that you are entirely expendable if they don't like as much as your smile. Didn't give me much confidence there.

Test didnt seem that bad, took a similar one a while back. More of a pain in the a** some of those sections. But like you guys said, some of the things said were kinda iffy. They clearly stated that 2/3 of the people that make it out of the academy are let go from Frankfort during the FTO.... thats a pretty high washout number to me. Also made it very clear that this a community orientated PD. Not a bad thing, but for someone already certified or someone looking to run and gun, this would be a huge change from running street stops and hooking a lot of people for me. Kinda seemed to me like it was questionable if they are even going to hire off this list, even though they said maybe one or two. Oh well, took it and see what happens!

I loved how the one guy said we dont do the power test, but if we did it today, all of you should be able to pass. I sat in the same row as a guy who I saw at Alsip a while back totally blow the bench, had his second chance, failed it, and walked away yelling and cursing. I had to laugh to my self when I saw this joker there today. All in all, easy process today, in by 9 out by 1130.

Comment

Amazing. 200 was the limit. Only 164 were cleared through PSR to take the test by turning everything in. 124 showed up/signed in for the written. They are going straight from written, to doing interviews on the top 30. No POWER test either. Which is funny. They said you have to pass the Power test for them, before they send you to the Academy just to prove you can do it. Why not just test your eligibility list to make sure your potential hires can do it in the first place to save time? *shrug*

Because if you don't have to go to the academy, then no power test...saves the village money.....

Strange test though. It was the NCJSO, which is usually pretty easy. I took that test for County and another suburb. Yet, this test was called NCJSO 2, and was completely different, longer, and had some tricky sections followed by a mini-psyche test.
                It's new...

Comment

Ha, I remember you, lol. I was sitting all the way up front with the tan pants. I was all by myself, lol. I was maybe the 5/6th one done? That "pick the symbol" section gave me a headache, as did that "pick the right code" section. What a pain in the *****, lol

It does seem like a growing department with a lot of potential, but they came off really cocky to me. The one guys comment about how "we can fire you if we don't like your hair cut, that's just how we are", didn't come as humorous to me. They want you to pass all these things, tests, FTO, jump through hoops, etc, yet they express that you are entirely expendable if they don't like as much as your smile. Didn't give me much confidence there.
                  I had a friend who worked there and he said they are very clickish, and bounce people over ridiculous reasons....

Comment

It sounds to me that they want Police Officers, not Cops. They pay seems below average for the area and not worth risking termination if you aren't "warm and fuzzy" enough for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
                      It sounds to me that they want Police Officers, not Cops. They pay seems below average for the area and not worth risking termination if you aren't "warm and fuzzy" enough for them.
                      I cant stop thinking about how high their failure rate is.... that really is something to consider if anyone gets that call, especially if you are already certified at another dept. You'd be taking a paycut and a chance....

Comment

Well, for someone that isn't certified, it's gold. They send you, you do the Academy, and if they wash you out, you can now claim preference anywhere else cause of that certification, lol
                        Problem is, have fun getting a job at another police department after you were fired during FTO. You might be lucky to get hired P.T. by some s***hole town that is just happy that they don't have to spend money on you. Don't get me wrong, if I wasn't certified and the opportunity came, I would definitely take the chance. Just bite your tounge, do what THEY want, and keep your nose clean until you get off probation. THEN use that certification that you have as "gold" to apply to a department that better fits you. My best advise is to do a lot of research on a department before you apply there. You don't want to be stuck at a department you hate and you don't want to be a guy that hops departments every other year. Just looking at Frankfort's Annual Report on their website, I see that they CAD absolutely everything...lunches???? For crying out loud, if that has to be documented in a CAD system that tells me that their brass is way more interested in numbers (usually fudging numbers) than actual policework.

Comment

I really hope to make the top 30. I would love to discuss that test, but the waiver said I would not discuss it on an internet forum. Yep, I actually read it.

I'm all for an exclusive department. If you get on there, then it can be that much better. I'd also rather be there than some place that gives a million chances to people, keeps them around, and none of their coworkers trust them or want to ride to calls with them.

I'm also happy there are group interviews. I always do really well in them. The last couple group interviews I participated in moved me up about 10 spots.

Good luck to everyone, but better luck to myself.

Comment

Anyone consider the fact that maybe this was simply a "scare tactic" as a way to weed out some weak links who may not be 100% serious about this career? I'm not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen this at an orientation.

And to join in on the interview discussion... I don't have a strong preference either way but in my experience, 1-on-1 interviews are more relaxed. They feel more like a conversation... it just flows much better opposed to group interviews where you answer a question and then wait 10 minutes while 5 other people give their answer.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing as niutrav09, it was probably a scare tactic! It doesnt sound right at all that they would waste money sending 3 to the academy only to drop 2? Anyway, I hope it doesnt take long for the scores to come out!

Comment

PSR is pretty quick with getting results out. They were the ones who did the Richton Park test I was at. They had the scores out and letters within 2/3 weeks? It wasn't too bad of a wait. Plus the girls were damn fine, lol
                                A big 10-4 to that comment! haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9240 users online. 393 members and 8847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X