300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfort IL

Saw there testing again. Did they exhaust there old list already? Are they gonna hire? Did they hire any body off the old list. I took the test last time didn't pass the written. Good luck.

Their pay is less than I expected. Just an observation.

I'm very familiar with the area, but not at all with their police department. Six or seven years ago I worked at the Nursery on LaGrange, and met a few officer picking up retail thefts. They were all very nice.

I'm also not sure about their previous test/list.

Comment

On their last test. Along with a buddy of mine. Neither of us got a call. Back then, they were only planning on hiring 1. Thats all i know of. Cant recall what test it was but according to blue line, public safety recruitment....so im guessing their test. just a hunch.

Comment

A buddy of mine works for them. He has nothing but good things to say about them. When I talked with him a few weeks ago he stated they would be hiring.
        Last edited by pnwcopper; 01-13-2011, 09:46 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I heard that they micro-manage everything you do there. But that's just what I heard. Does anyone have any first-hand, specific information on this dept.?

Comment

I'm not too familiar with that area, but it seems it's a smaller community, which would coincide with the lower salary, correct? Population density seems to be lower compared with most of the Chicago suburbs.

Comment

It is small, but mostly higher middle-class and wealthy communities. I believe the surrounding agencies (mokena, new lenox, orland, matteson) pay much more.

Comment

Nice professional department. If you're looking for excitement then don't waste your time. More community policing then actual crime fighting. 41,000 isn't a bad starting salary.

Comment

My home towns next door neighboor! I am applying for sure!

Comment

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on a starting salary. Most depts start you out low and have a big jump from 1st year to 2nd year. If I remember correctly my starting pay was 44k and the 2nd year jumped to 55K. Our top end salary is right around 75K base. Everybody here is 90+ to 100K.

Comment

Looks like the apps already closed, assuming they already reached 200 apps. Hope everyone got their app in on time!

Comment

Does this mean its too late to submit the required documents to their office? I already submitted the online app, but have yet to turn in my paper work from school and such. Is it too late or did they close the app process because 200 apps have been submitted already?

Comment

Well I PAID to fill out my app online, even though I haven't sent the paperwork yet. I better be in that 200.

Comment

^ Same here. I requested copies of my transcripts the day after I filled out the online app. They became ready for pickup today around 6. I am going tomorrow to turn them in.

Comment

If you got a application confirmation number when you completed the online secton, you are in. First 200 to complete and pay is what I was told when I called last week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6539 users online. 298 members and 6241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X