X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tizom55
    started a topic Idoc

Idoc

Just got the call from IDOC to start the academy in january, just wondering what im getting myself into, how the job is, and what we actually do on a regular basis, i watch the show lockup, but im sure that is only some of it, i come from an army background, wondering if it is somewhat the same

Any input is appreciated

• slimer07
    commented on 's reply
    In order to be less "Intimidating"!

• chisportsfan2
    replied
    Does anyone know why they changed the uniforms? I see officers now wear a brown colored polo.

Leave a comment:

• xbambiix29
    replied
    I'm currently a COT, first week at stateville. Loads of classroom time. Unfortunately my class was the last class to shoot the revolver. Glock 19 is the new weapon we all will be training once it is time to cycle train. Range instructor/training coordinator told us.

Leave a comment:

• doncon
    commented on 's reply
    Stateville for me

• doncon
    commented on 's reply
    I learned this information last week in orientation from the range instructor.

• slimer07
    commented on 's reply
    Ill be there for Illinois river! See you there!

• Tactical_Viking
    replied
    Hey doncon. I got the call for April 8th myself. What prison is going for?

Leave a comment:

• sarah_rod25
    commented on 's reply
    I work for IDOC already. no one has mentioned switching to a glock. who told you that?

• sarah_rod25
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, you have to get off COT status in order to work overtime

• doncon
    replied
    Didn’t know they limit you to 3 overtime shifts a week, which should be more than enough, and also our class will be the first trained on the glock 19

Leave a comment:

• MDV31012
    commented on 's reply
    Did you ever go test for CTOT?

• slimer07
    commented on 's reply
    My orientation isnt until the 21st but have done the drug test and blood test already and the physical is tomorrow.

• Prevent
    replied
    Originally posted by doncon View Post
    Had my first day of orientation yesterday. It was very informative. Only 6 out of 10 of us showed up. Really can’t wait to start at the academy. Does anyone know if you have to wait till you’re certified to start overtime?
    You can start working/be mandated once you are off trainee status. Which is 12 weeks for COT and 16 weeks for CTOT.

Leave a comment:

• doncon
    replied
    Had my first day of orientation yesterday. It was very informative. Only 6 out of 10 of us showed up. Really can’t wait to start at the academy. Does anyone know if you have to wait till you’re certified to start overtime?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5239 users online. 162 members and 5077 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X