Originally posted by Arikg
    Magnus_C

I sent you a PM

Comment

• tootaboogy
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by James Jones
      When did you put yourself on statewide? Was it during your interview with the two correctional officers or you called?
      Yes it was during interview

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -Ronald Reagan

Comment

• cpd2010*
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2013

For those of you heading to the academy I have some tips for you prior to going. Dont take anything on the list that is banned, knives, phones, radios, tablets, candy, food, hair dryers, flat irons, makeup, etc. you'd think its common sense but people have been sent home bcuz they had phones or a hunting knife they didnt realize was on them.
        also, when you get there they will make you dump all of your items onto a gym floor so its easiest to put everything into clear freezer bags ahead of time to keep things neat. once you dump all the items they make you quickly put all your stuff back into your bag and run to your dorm room.
        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• James Jones
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2014

Wow you out of the academy and a job? If so that would really suck...
          Originally posted by cpd2010*
          For those of you heading to the academy I have some tips for you prior to going. Dont take anything on the list that is banned, knives, phones, radios, tablets, candy, food, hair dryers, flat irons, makeup, etc. you'd think its common sense but people have been sent home bcuz they had phones or a hunting knife they didnt realize was on them.
          also, when you get there they will make you dump all of your items onto a gym floor so its easiest to put everything into clear freezer bags ahead of time to keep things neat. once you dump all the items they make you quickly put all your stuff back into your bag and run to your dorm room.

Comment

• cpd2010*
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2013

Yup... I'm on the job already
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• James Jones
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2014

Congrats I'm still trying to get on.
              Yup... I'm on the job already

Comment

• KrayJack
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2013

Sounds like basic training almost...

Comment

• James Jones
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2014

What was your score?
                  Originally posted by Lazer1985
                  I took my test in June , I think it was the 27th . Got a call last week to send in tattoo pictures . Hope that means good news soon . I called yesterday and the person said that my background is still being processed but she said "no news is good news" . Kinda worried about my score tho , no military or college got me a lower score :/ . So hoping a miracle happens .

Comment

• Wccmikey
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2013

Seems my process is stalling I've been on hiring list since sept 23 .Guess I was hoping by year end I'd get a call by now

Comment

• James Jones
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2014

At least you're on the list and background. I recently called and was told that my background hasn't been processed yet and we tested in same month. my score is even a bit higher than yours and still no pic of tattoos or anything smh...
                      Originally posted by Wccmikey
                      Seems my process is stalling I've been on hiring list since sept 23 .Guess I was hoping by year end I'd get a call by now

Comment

• Deanoimpala
                        Forum Member
                        • Sep 2015

At least you're on the list and background. I recently called and was told that my background hasn't been processed yet and we tested in same month. my score is even a bit higher than yours and still no pic of tattoos or anything smh...
                        I'm in the same boat. I tested September 3, haven't got anything for tattoos and whatnot. I called to see if my background went through and all they told me was that they're not allowed to give out that information. I'm prior service, in fact that's the only job I've ever held, 10 years active duty. I have a feeling it's my military side that's holding up my process. Makes me wonder if the score I received included veterans preference points.

Comment

• Bman4130
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Deanoimpala
                          I'm in the same boat. I tested September 3, haven't got anything for tattoos and whatnot. I called to see if my background went through and all they told me was that they're not allowed to give out that information. I'm prior service, in fact that's the only job I've ever held, 10 years active duty. I have a feeling it's my military side that's holding up my process. Makes me wonder if the score I received included veterans preference points.
                          Some people wait 9-12 months. It's all a waiting game, depends on the location and your score/how high it is for the location and how many they are pulling for the next class.

Comment

• James Jones
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2014

If I knew what facility would accept me with my score of 61 I'd change one of my choices to that one.
                            Originally posted by Bman4130
                            Some people wait 9-12 months. It's all a waiting game, depends on the location and your score/how high it is for the location and how many they are pulling for the next class.

Comment

• James Jones
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2014

I've never gotten that response only was told that they haven't process my background as of yet. QUOTE=Deanoimpala;3782989]I'm in the same boat. I tested September 3, haven't got anything for tattoos and whatnot. I called to see if my background went through and all they told me was that they're not allowed to give out that information. I'm prior service, in fact that's the only job I've ever held, 10 years active duty. I have a feeling it's my military side that's holding up my process. Makes me wonder if the score I received included veterans preference points.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Bman4130
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2013

If I knew what facility would accept me with my score of 61 I'd change one of my choices to that one.
                                Call and be nice "hello ma'am, I want to get on real quick and I'm willing to move. Any chance you can tell me where I will get on quickly with a score 61? Oh ok great, thank you! Where do I fax my paperwork to change my location?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19422 users online. 54 members and 19368 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...