Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gone from years, to months, to weeks, to days. At this point it's hours, can't wait to get into, and out of academy to join all of you!

Comment

• Idoc

Might be a Silly question but do I have to call and cancel the special screening I set up for April 1st. This would have been my third screening this year, which if you don't attend erases your score I heard. Or, once you get called your name gets taken off the list?
      Last edited by topflight; 03-30-2015, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
        It's gone from years, to months, to weeks, to days. At this point it's hours, can't wait to get into, and out of academy to join all of you!
        Good luck and have fun!

Comment

• .................................................. ....
          Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
            Once you have been called you pretty much don't have to worry about anything else and your guaranteed hired because literally the only thing that can get you get you fired at this point before the academy is failing the drug test they give you during orientation. The medical exam they give you during orientation is comparable to a physical you received in grade school.
            ....and failing IN the academy. lol.
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• So I don't post much in the forums here, but I had applied for idoc back in October. Apparently I was scheduled to test November 18th but never received the letter in the mail (probably fat thumb error on my part when putting in address). I reapplied today. Anyone know how long I will have to wait to receive another testing letter? I feel like such an *** for missing that letter. 😡

Comment

• Originally posted by Shmandalynn View Post
                So I don't post much in the forums here, but I had applied for idoc back in October. Apparently I was scheduled to test November 18th but never received the letter in the mail (probably fat thumb error on my part when putting in address). I reapplied today. Anyone know how long I will have to wait to receive another testing letter? I feel like such an *** for missing that letter. í*½í¸¡
                About three to six months

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by Berwynguy View Post
                  I have never even looked at this thread and I am glad I did tonight! Congrats cpd2010 and topflight! Are you guys bowing out of the county process now??
                  Forgot to reply due to being in shock lol but thank you! I'm not sure yet but I'm grateful for the job now.

Comment

• Idoc

Does anyone have a list of required items for the academy from previous sessions that they can or mind posting. If you can, I don't know of the policy about posting the list but I bet a few of us would appreciate it, especially those who like to prepare in advance.
                    Last edited by topflight; 03-31-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                      Does anyone have a list of required items for the academy from previous sessions that they can or mind posting. If you can, I don't know of the policy about posting the list but I bet a few of us would appreciate it, especially those who like to prepare in advance.
                      PM me

Comment

• Topflight, system says you have too many stored pm's and won't let me respond to you until you delete some.

Comment

• ^just cleared it.

Comment

• Article I read on fb

Recently, recruiters from the Illinois Department of Corrections were looking for qualified corrections officer candidates in Livingston County. IDOC is looking for area residents who are interested in working at the Pontiac Correctional Center as part of the state’s program of hiring more prison staff. That’s one of the governor’s initiatives, and it doesn’t stop there. The governor has created a prison reform commission whose goal is to cut the state’s prison population. Over the next 10 years, Rauner’s goal is to reduce the inmate total 25 percent. Even if that’s successful, the system will still be overcrowded, and as a result IDOC continues to compile a list of qualified candidates in Livingston County who could be hired at the Pontiac facility. Currently, the state hasn’t authorized more hiring, but PCC Warden Randy Pfister says that having a pool of pre-qualified applicants will move people into training and entry-level jobs very quickly if that authorization comes. More information is available Illinois.gov/IDOC.

Comment

• Can we bring a medication list to orientation for drug testing purposes?

Comment

• curious: did anyone put in their 2 week notice at their current job yet?
                                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10124 users online. 477 members and 9647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X