Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We get the list at orientation?

Comment

• Start the academy this Monday. I had a few questions?

1) Can I take a pill divider container (ie M-F container)?

2) By over the counter pills does that mean I can or can not bring my caffeine pills?

3) Can I put all my toiletries(deodorant, toothpaste...) in a smaller bag?

4) Bring the cadet packet and orientation paperwork?
      Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
        Congratulations to all who received calls!! Things have been very busy at the academy! They are preparing for the second class to arrive on Monday. I spent the last 2 weeks in Control Tactics and Range. We all heard today the governor will be there for our graduation and the new director made a personal visit to the academy to see the cadets during roll call this past week. So far only a handful didn't qualify at range (3-4 people) but all have passed on the second attempt. Really pay attention to the range instructors! They really will give you all the help you need. Lots of people have never shot before and make expert easy, no need to stress there. Many tempers and arguments have been arising lately. Lots of type A personalities and Alphas. Just try to get through it and keep your heads down. Counselors will take many things away if you can not work as a team. Team work is huge at the academy and the marching has been pretty important. The inspections have been very important as well. Everything has to be perfect with your bed, footlocker, room and floor or you will lose points every day. Good luck to those starting Monday! Be prepared to dump your **** and don't try to sneak things! Only things on that list. After a few days, you'll start to get the hang of things so don't quit in the beginning! Again, congratulations to all who received calls and good luck to the ones on starting Monday!
        Hunter can't wait to join you come Monday, especially because I'll be at our facility 3 weeks after you! Thanks again to all of those who have offered help on this forum. If I'm like everyone else it has made those months after testing just a little more bearable. That is until someone posts that calls have started up and my phone gets glued to my hand!

Comment

• To Topflight - yes you get the list of items to bring during orientation.

I wouldn't bring the Monday-Friday thing. Bring the exact pill bottles for prescribed medication. They will collect these every Monday and you go to the counselor daily to take your medication.

I'm not sure on the caffeine pills. Some girls have those prenatal pills and have been okay so far with them but maybe not take them first week and ask about them. Not sure.

Yes you can bring toiletries in a smaller bag as long as it's things on the list inside the bag. They'll make you dump every bag though. Side note, we've had a few people get in trouble for bringing alarm clocks with radios built in. Get a cheapy one that only has an alarm.

They give you a copy of the cadet handbook when you arrive along with other papers but I brought mine just in case. The other paperwork like insurance papers and those papers about your specific institution you got at orientation do not bring. Just the cadet handbook is helpful like the pictures to make your footlocker and bed.

Originally posted by Legend87 View Post
          Start the academy this Monday. I had a few questions?

1) Can I take a pill divider container (ie M-F container)?

2) By over the counter pills does that mean I can or can not bring my caffeine pills?

3) Can I put all my toiletries(deodorant, toothpaste...) in a smaller bag?

4) Bring the cadet packet and orientation paperwork?
          Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
            Hunter can't wait to join you come Monday, especially because I'll be at our facility 3 weeks after you! Thanks again to all of those who have offered help on this forum. If I'm like everyone else it has made those months after testing just a little more bearable. That is until someone posts that calls have started up and my phone gets glued to my hand!
            Awesome!! Just a heads up, MissMe was right about staff assaults being high right now at Logan so be getting prepared for that.

Comment

• Are CO's allowed to wear stab proof vest under their uniform?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                Are CO's allowed to wear stab proof vest under their uniform?
                No first and foremost never put yourself in a situation where an inmate is close enough to you to touch you... But I get what you are saying though you can never know when or where they can attack. TACT has a vest but that's it.
                Last edited by MissMe30; 03-28-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                  No first and foremost never put yourself in a situation where an inmate is close enough to you to touch you... But I get what you are saying though you can never know when or where they can attack. TACT has a vest but that's it.
                  Not actually true... I've personally asked ranked staff, and the response I received was, "The department can't tell you not to... as long as it's under your uniform shirt... who'd really know?" I also got, "**** if the state had the money, I'm sure everyone would have them. "

I've never noticed anyone wearing one though... its not typical, but not against any administrative directive.

On a side note congrats to all who got the call again... seems like I've said that several times in the past few weeks!!

Comment

• Thank you! looking forward to this great opportunity!

Comment

• what is the best outfit to wear down there?

Comment

• i was told wear "comfortable" clothes...so excited and curious to see what happens those 2 days.
                        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• whats the best outfit to wear to the academy in Springfield?

Comment

• ^ I thought we got uniforms

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                              i was told wear "comfortable" clothes...so excited and curious to see what happens those 2 days.
                              What day do you guys start orientation for Stateville?

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend87 View Post
                                whats the best outfit to wear to the academy in Springfield?
                                Doesn't matter what you wear, you'll change into your uniforms immediately when you get down there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7598 users online. 383 members and 7215 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X