Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The firearms will be separate from your class test I can't remember when we took that but it was in the first week... But firearms you will have the class on Thursday all day and the test on Friday it's basically over the parts of the gun, safety, and range rules... You would have to dig through the feeds I believe I gave more detail

Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
    Okay cool. So the written is the very first week over firearms? What's considered passing? Is it things you will hear over and over in class? And what are the distances you shoot at? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get as much info I can.

Comment

• i just got an email to appear for the final interview for cook county. the same day i have to be at idoc orientation. what are the f*in odds?!
      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• 8 yards then 15 yards I think the15 yards are all timed get all 6 rounds in 15 seconds correct me if I'm wrong someone who's already been through this... The first 12 rounds at 8 yards are not timed so you can take as much time as you want to get two rounds off until all rounds are fired... Soon enough you guys will be like me work half night and the first half did nothing but chow reliefs.... Sweet night!!!

Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
        What yardage is qualification with pistol?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          i just got an email to appear for the final interview for cook county. the same day i have to be at idoc orientation. what are the f*in odds?!
          Call county to see if you can reschedule

Comment

i just got an email to appear for the final interview for cook county. the same day i have to be at idoc orientation. what are the f*in odds?!
            When it rains, it pours? Raiden was right, I seriously hope I don't end up having this problem...
            "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• who wouldve thought. i just got the email now too, 7pm.

thats because state got their funding. bitches. lol.

Comment

• Your final interview for County and I DOC'S orientation are both at 7pm?
                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                  Your final interview for County and I DOC'S orientation are both at 7pm?
                  no i received the email just now at 7pm for cook county.

FI and idoc are both 4/7 but cook county is at 8am and idoc is at 9am

Comment

no i received the email just now at 7pm for cook county.

FI and idoc are both 4/7 but cook county is at 8am and idoc is at 9am
                    Wow...yeah that's insane. Call County and ask them if it's possible to reschedule due to an urgent matter or emergency. If County says no to a reschedule you'll choose IDOC over going to the FI for County right?

Comment

Wow...yeah that's insane. Call County and ask them if it's possible to reschedule due to an urgent matter or emergency. If County says no to a reschedule you'll choose IDOC over going to the FI for County right?
                      yep. state police have more options. plus i applied for ISP as well.

Comment

yep. state police have more options. plus i applied for ISP as well.
                        Good luck, I seriously hope County will allow you to reschedule your FI, after all you been through you deserve it. And good job with ISP, the academy is the toughest in the state but let that motivate you even further if you end up with ISP. I'm rooting for you 100%, and wish you'd end up with CPD. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck, I seriously hope County will allow you to reschedule your FI, after all you been through you deserve it. And good job with ISP, the academy is the toughest in the state but let that motivate you even further if you end up with ISP. I'm rooting for you 100%, and wish you'd end up with CPD. Good luck!
                          in hind sight i would like to be a state trooper. if idoc can be a stepping stone then ill be where i want to be. i sure hope everyone gets a chance and that email bcuz we all deserve to get where we want to be. i was upset about cpd but gotta take the good with the bad and hey, things happen for a reason. now look at me, errbody wants me now! hahaa.

Comment

• anyone going to statesville on 4/7 and 4/9 wanna exchange #s to txt and exchange info? let me know. inbox me

Comment

who wouldve thought. i just got the email now too, 7pm.

thats because state got their funding. bitches. lol.
                              Congrats again girl you are on a roll. I am not sure what day your orientation is for idoc, but definitely try to see if you can go to your final interview. I believe that there will be another class in May. If not then it truly is county loss.

Comment

• Congratulations to all who received calls!! Things have been very busy at the academy! They are preparing for the second class to arrive on Monday. I spent the last 2 weeks in Control Tactics and Range. We all heard today the governor will be there for our graduation and the new director made a personal visit to the academy to see the cadets during roll call this past week. So far only a handful didn't qualify at range (3-4 people) but all have passed on the second attempt. Really pay attention to the range instructors! They really will give you all the help you need. Lots of people have never shot before and make expert easy, no need to stress there. Many tempers and arguments have been arising lately. Lots of type A personalities and Alphas. Just try to get through it and keep your heads down. Counselors will take many things away if you can not work as a team. Team work is huge at the academy and the marching has been pretty important. The inspections have been very important as well. Everything has to be perfect with your bed, footlocker, room and floor or you will lose points every day. Good luck to those starting Monday! Be prepared to dump your **** and don't try to sneak things! Only things on that list. After a few days, you'll start to get the hang of things so don't quit in the beginning! Again, congratulations to all who received calls and good luck to the ones on starting Monday!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6870 users online. 329 members and 6541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X