300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MPD24-4 View Post
    How close to para military do they run the academy. Is it like screaming in your face drill instructor stuff?
    From what I've read & heard - no, it's not that bad. No hardcore exercise, etc. Crappy food, expensive phone calls and no doors on the guys stalls to crap.

Comment

• Ok thanks. I'll get through it. Just kinda nervous.

Comment

• Same here lol

Comment

• You will get paid April 15... And i will warn you it will probably be for only one week. At least it did when I went. I got my first full check on graduation day

Originally posted by MPD24-4 View Post
          Does anyone with us going into the middle of a pay period will we still get paid on the 30th or have to wait till May for our first pay check

Comment

• Originally posted by MPD24-4 View Post
            How close to para military do they run the academy. Is it like screaming in your face drill instructor stuff?
            No, not at all... it supposedly once was, and they're also supposedly trying to get back to that. As for my class, the last graduating class, the closest thing to military was marching, and room inspections and even those were done on a severely dumbed down level.. not talking ****, but it's only 6 weeks and you can't spend to much time teaching non military the military way.

Comment

• Congrats on finally getting the call! Hard work pays off in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
                From what I've read & heard - no, it's not that bad. No hardcore exercise, etc. Crappy food, expensive phone calls and no doors on the guys stalls to crap.
                can I bring my own food? I have a strict low sodium/fat diet im accustomed to lol
                we cant use our own cell phones to call home?
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                  can I bring my own food? I have a strict low sodium/fat diet im accustomed to lol
                  we cant use our own cell phones to call home?
                  No outside food or beverage and no electronics, including phones. I've heard no books too.

Comment

• Can someone explain the firearm qualification? That's really the only thing I'm nervous about.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
                      No outside food or beverage and no electronics, including phones. I've heard no books too.
                      damn there goes my tablet for books.
                      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• 3 weapons to qualify
                        Mini 14
                        12 gauge shot gun
                        The first week you take a written test. You must pass or you are done-- no do overs! You get two chances to pass fireams and the instructors will help you and recognize your issue. You will do fine! I will tell you at first I could not get the revolver right at all I thought I was not going to qualify. They had me practice with some issue with sight alignment anyways the next day I passed and I passed the other weapons with no issues. Now when I qualify at my institution I shoot expert. Don't worry overthinking it will make you fail.

Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                        Can someone explain the firearm qualification? That's really the only thing I'm nervous about.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                          3 weapons to qualify
                          Mini 14
                          12 gauge shot gun
                          The first week you take a written test. You must pass or you are done-- no do overs! You get two chances to pass fireams and the instructors will help you and recognize your issue. You will do fine! I will tell you at first I could not get the revolver right at all I thought I was not going to qualify. They had me practice with some issue with sight alignment anyways the next day I passed and I passed the other weapons with no issues. Now when I qualify at my institution I shoot expert. Don't worry overthinking it will make you fail.
                          Okay cool. So the written is the very first week over firearms? What's considered passing? Is it things you will hear over and over in class? And what are the distances you shoot at? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get as much info I can.

Comment

• The firearms will be separate from your class test I can't remember when we took that but it was in the first week... But firearms you will have the class on Thursday all day and the test on Friday it's basically over the parts of the gun, safety, and range rules... You would have to dig through the feeds I believe I gave more detail

Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                            Okay cool. So the written is the very first week over firearms? What's considered passing? Is it things you will hear over and over in class? And what are the distances you shoot at? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to get as much info I can.

Comment

• Can you have like black New balance leather sneakers or do you have to wear boots?

Comment

• Boots. They want you to polish them. White gym shoes for pt.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 271 members and 6060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X