Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks lbarrae7, i hope everything goes well with idoc, good luck to everyone taking the tests later this month

Comment

• Originally posted by name88 View Post
      I live closest to Statesville so I would definitely choose that one if given the option. That's where you're at correct? If you dont mind me asking, how much is the average annual salary after the first year? I they offer about $45k for rookies but Im curious to know if they have a set increase during the next few years like Cook does. Also, do they offer food for vegetarians at the academy or are we going to have to convert to carnivorism? Thanks for all of your help.
      LMAO,you really cracked me on that one (the food part),while in the Academy every cadet becomes a vegetarian since they don't serve us real meat,so don't worry about that.

Comment

• I tested in June and it is about accurated on the length of stay I believe I was there for 9 hours... Thats only if you pass everything... I got my score back this week 77 I wonder if that is a good score? I have a question on background check is that done before or after the test score..

Comment

• Is the written test on the same day as physical?

Comment

• Originally posted by GregB View Post
            Is the written test on the same day as physical?
            Yes

Comment

• The written, physical and interview done at same time. Takes bout 8-9 hours. Pack some food! It's super easy also. Americoza said it. You don't get real meat at the academy.everyone's a vegetarian! I'm at Sheridan. All cadets start at 42k and go up to 45k after probation. You get a step raise every year. State has been in contract negotiations for a year so nobody has gotten a raise since, just cadets getting their promotion. As a officer after 6-7 years you top out at 61k. Not bad. @americoza, how's the academy?!? Did they tell you guys about the lawsuit Idoc filed and how there are no dwight officers coming to Sheridan anytime soon?!? You should have recall rights back to Sheridan. You 30 cadets should ask someone about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                The written, physical and interview done at same time. Takes bout 8-9 hours. Pack some food! It's super easy also. Americoza said it. You don't get real meat at the academy.everyone's a vegetarian! I'm at Sheridan. All cadets start at 42k and go up to 45k after probation. You get a step raise every year. State has been in contract negotiations for a year so nobody has gotten a raise since, just cadets getting their promotion. As a officer after 6-7 years you top out at 61k. Not bad. @americoza, how's the academy?!? Did they tell you guys about the lawsuit Idoc filed and how there are no dwight officers coming to Sheridan anytime soon?!? You should have recall rights back to Sheridan. You 30 cadets should ask someone about that.
                Wow, thats super helpful! Thanks for all the info. I have a few more questions if you dont mind. Is the written, physical and oral in that order? Is the interview one on one or are there a group of people there with you? Last question (for now) how are the hours? Is it 8 or 12 hour shifts? Again, thank you very much for being so helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by name88 View Post
                  Wow, thats super helpful! Thanks for all the info. I have a few more questions if you dont mind. Is the written, physical and oral in that order? Is the interview one on one or are there a group of people there with you? Last question (for now) how are the hours? Is it 8 or 12 hour shifts? Again, thank you very much for being so helpful.
                  Its gonna be one on two. Written Physical Oral just in that order. 8 hour shifts. Most likely gonna be on 3-11 shift starting out.

Comment

• Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
                    Its gonna be one on two. Written Physical Oral just in that order. 8 hour shifts. Most likely gonna be on 3-11 shift starting out.
                    Perfect! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                      The written, physical and interview done at same time. Takes bout 8-9 hours. Pack some food! It's super easy also. Americoza said it. You don't get real meat at the academy.everyone's a vegetarian! I'm at Sheridan. All cadets start at 42k and go up to 45k after probation. You get a step raise every year. State has been in contract negotiations for a year so nobody has gotten a raise since, just cadets getting their promotion. As a officer after 6-7 years you top out at 61k. Not bad. @americoza, how's the academy?!? Did they tell you guys about the lawsuit Idoc filed and how there are no dwight officers coming to Sheridan anytime soon?!? You should have recall rights back to Sheridan. You 30 cadets should ask someone about that.
                      So for the oral interview do we need to bring like a suit or something or they don't care since we're going to have a physical on the same day? Sorry if my questions sound dumb, i never went through a process like this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by GregB View Post
                        So for the oral interview do we need to bring like a suit or something or they don't care since we're going to have a physical on the same day? Sorry if my questions sound dumb, i never went through a process like this one.
                        You do the interview in whatever clothes you wear. Its IDOC.....

Comment

• Where are you working futureblue63?

Comment

• Decatur C.C.

Comment

• Oh that's pretty far. I'm hoping to get in Sheridan or Stateville.

Comment

• Stateville is a ****hole

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6515 users online. 338 members and 6177 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X