300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
    Was thinking of going today to see what's up. Do they want the CMS today?
    Report back with some info please, if you do go topflight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
      Report back with some info please, if you do go topflight.
      Pheww that was a long ride. Anybody else go? They are having the screenings April 1st and April 2nd. About 50-60 ppl maybe 100 or so idk I was tired but ultimately a good call because they said that your score takes 4-6 weeks to enter the system. Other information the same, same process, but for one facility. Should be interesting. They didn't give any specifics to how many they are hiring.

Comment

• I want to say 150 -200 showed up in Pontiac tonight. They plan on hiring a lot. The eligibility list they have now is extremely low. Which is why they are holding a special screening April 1st and 2nd. But only to those who attended tonight. I made a 4 hour drive there and back lol.

Comment

• I could've swore it was more than that lol but your probably right. I sat close to the front so I couldn't really tell.

Comment

• Your estimate sounds closer. A lot of ppl left early so idk what that was about. I figure they may have known there was a big line coming to turn the app in?

Comment

• Central Screening confirmed Pontiac has completed their calls for March 30th academy.

Comment

• There goes another chance...any word on an April academy?

Comment

• They are having one for sure, didn't ask about facilities hiring.

Comment

• Cool one last shot for this year...

Comment

• Idoc

Like other ppl have said I don't know how you guys get this info. I can talk to ppl,my job involves working with management and clients, but I can never get any info. They always seem angry and give me the least amount of info. Lol

Comment

• Luck of the draw. I've had some get nearly rude about stuff and some very helpful

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
                          Luck of the draw. I've had some get nearly rude about stuff and some very helpful
                          True.......
                          Last edited by topflight; 03-30-2015, 03:09 AM.

Comment

True. So how about those I have a bachelors in Criminal Justice do I start tomorrow ppl at the event yesterday. Well I'm sure bigj can comment. We had a few of those. Then the I have a son, boyfriend, cousin do is start tomorrow ppl. Oh and then you see staff hugging and saying hi to ppl, talking about family, and I know your father or so and so. That seemed really unprofessional. Then I wonder how I don't get the call.
                            I hear ya man, but who they know doesn't really account for jack, unless it's someone in Springfield. A very close family member is a retired Warden and I've not attempted to play that game, because that's not how I want to get in.

If I get hired, great. But, I want to do it on my own abilities not because of who knows who in my family.

PS. I believe April academy will start the 20th, as the March 9th class graduates on the 17th.

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by MrBXB View Post
                              I hear ya man, but who they know doesn't really account for jack, unless it's someone in Springfield. A very close family member is a retired Warden and I've not attempted to play that game, because that's not how I want to get in.

If I get hired, great. But, I want to do it on my own abilities not because of who knows who in my family.
                              Edited.... Don't want to sound bitter. But I hear you just have to fight for what's right sometimes. Can't take it lying down. But yeah I agree it's all about your abilities, I'll keep plugging away. When do you expire?

Hope that academy date is right
                              Last edited by topflight; 03-19-2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Edited.... Don't want to sound bitter. But I hear you just have to fight for what's right sometimes. Can't take it lying down. But yeah I agree it's all about your abilities, I'll keep plugging away. When do you expire?

Hope that academy date is right
                                I tested October 22nd, so October of this year, I believe.

I'm really hoping by August though, as Rauner wants 473 officers by then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8835 users online. 469 members and 8366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X