Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idoc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by equalsword View Post
    If you got a 69 then you will more than likely get hired at Pontiac eventually. Technically a facility has up unto a week before an academy start date to hire someone
    Yeah there were three people in my stateville group that got the call last minute and did not attend orientation with the rest of us... it happens... seems
    Pontiac is waiting for the last minute for their entire group.

    Comment


    • When I called I was informed they have a list of names for the academy but just haven't contacted people yet for Pontiac
      Last edited by BigmanJ; 03-12-2015, 11:30 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by topflight View Post
        How do you attend the pontiac screening?
        Show up to the high school March 20.... I believe someone posted if you already tested and scored you don't have to go through the process if I'm not mistaken

        Comment


        • March 18th 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Pontiac High School auditorium

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
            Show up to the high school March 20.... I believe someone posted if you already tested and scored you don't have to go through the process if I'm not mistaken
            Almost expiring so I'll try this out. Seems like better odds?

            Comment


            • So, it's awfully quiet around here. No word for any prospective academy attendees?

              Comment


              • First week of the academy is done! Not too bad. 5 people quit or were fired. Just listen to what they say and yes the food is as bad as they say! Word from up high is that 100 are coming in March 30 and then 125 more in April after that. It'll be the week we graduate or the week after this graduation and those for Pontiac, don't give up. A fellow cadet going to Pontiac said they are looking to staff around 100 just for that facility in the next few months. Once again, it is just a cadet and not a proven fact but the 100 March 30 and 125 after is fact. We were also told by the end of this fiscal year they will be putting over 400 people through and that every institution will be getting people. Stay positive!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
                  First week of the academy is done! Not too bad. 5 people quit or were fired. Just listen to what they say and yes the food is as bad as they say! Word from up high is that 100 are coming in March 30 and then 125 more in April after that. It'll be the week we graduate or the week after this graduation and those for Pontiac, don't give up. A fellow cadet going to Pontiac said they are looking to staff around 100 just for that facility in the next few months. Once again, it is just a cadet and not a proven fact but the 100 March 30 and 125 after is fact. We were also told by the end of this fiscal year they will be putting over 400 people through and that every institution will be getting people. Stay positive!
                  can concur. just got back and... it was awesome! after us theres 2 academy classes, that they mentioned. stay tune for your calls guys.

                  #1) the prison food ISNT that bad. dont know what you guys are talking about, i lost 5 lbs within those 5 days already, i eat whats edible and im good.
                  #2) theres a LOT of people complaning about the smallest things. like food. like being away from the family. not going to the vending machines. having no caffeine.....JUST SHUT THE FUC.K UP !!!! u knew what u were signing up for.

                  the only thing that really ****es me off is all those ALPHA people trying to act tough and ALPHA out of everyone. once again, STFU! nobody cares how ALPHA your trying to be or how badly you want to boost ur ego for whatever reason. you aint nothing special. stop complaining and stop trying to act like you know everything.

                  Comment


                  • Relax a little, it's the first week. Everyone has to adjust. If this is such an issue for you bring it up at the academy.. not on the forum. It doesn't accomplish anything on here. Obviously there's going to be egos when you have 140 people in one room...

                    Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                    can concur. just got back and... it was awesome! after us theres 2 academy classes, that they mentioned. stay tune for your calls guys.

                    #1) the prison food ISNT that bad. dont know what you guys are talking about, i lost 5 lbs within those 5 days already, i eat whats edible and im good.
                    #2) theres a LOT of people complaning about the smallest things. like food. like being away from the family. not going to the vending machines. having no caffeine.....JUST SHUT THE FUC.K UP !!!! u knew what u were signing up for.

                    the only thing that really ****es me off is all those ALPHA people trying to act tough and ALPHA out of everyone. once again, STFU! nobody cares how ALPHA your trying to be or how badly you want to boost ur ego for whatever reason. you aint nothing special. stop complaining and stop trying to act like you know everything.

                    Comment


                    • rwar. maybe i can just easily adjust.

                      Comment


                      • .................................................. ....
                        Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:41 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
                          First week of the academy is done! Not too bad. 5 people quit or were fired. Just listen to what they say and yes the food is as bad as they say! Word from up high is that 100 are coming in March 30 and then 125 more in April after that. It'll be the week we graduate or the week after this graduation and those for Pontiac, don't give up. A fellow cadet going to Pontiac said they are looking to staff around 100 just for that facility in the next few months. Once again, it is just a cadet and not a proven fact but the 100 March 30 and 125 after is fact. We were also told by the end of this fiscal year they will be putting over 400 people through and that every institution will be getting people. Stay positive!
                          A lady I use to work with(as recently as February 27th) is in Academy with you all.

                          Thanks for the update on academy by the way, that's very comforting to know they're going to be doing so much more hiring.

                          What kind of boots are required? Just black work boots?
                          Last edited by MrBXB; 03-14-2015, 12:06 AM. Reason: Added question

                          Comment


                          • That's what's hard the first two weeks you're just getting to know each other. If alpha attitudes bother that much hate to see you at your institution, as with any job there are plenty of jerks in corrections. My advice is to just do your six weeks and leave. Academy living after 4pm is just like the inmates you will soon supervise. Just remain chill and enjoy the experience. I'm not gonna lie those floor meetings used to irk me too! Enjoy those weekends off you won't be seeing those for a while after finishing the training process.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
                              First week of the academy is done! Not too bad. 5 people quit or were fired. Just listen to what they say and yes the food is as bad as they say! Word from up high is that 100 are coming in March 30 and then 125 more in April after that. It'll be the week we graduate or the week after this graduation and those for Pontiac, don't give up. A fellow cadet going to Pontiac said they are looking to staff around 100 just for that facility in the next few months. Once again, it is just a cadet and not a proven fact but the 100 March 30 and 125 after is fact. We were also told by the end of this fiscal year they will be putting over 400 people through and that every institution will be getting people. Stay positive!
                              What were the reasons of people being fired or quitting? And did any happen to be from Pontiac? Lol

                              Comment


                              • 3 quit, 1 female and 2 males on the second day. 1 female and 1 male were fired from disobeying rules or having gang tattoos. Not sure on exactly where they were all going.

                                And BXB any black work boot or shoe as long as it can be shined.

                                Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                                What were the reasons of people being fired or quitting? And did any happen to be from Pontiac? Lol

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6869 users online. 393 members and 6476 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X