Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the academy this coming up monday.. Any tips?

Comment

• Originally posted by cwm110 View Post
      Starting the academy this coming up monday.. Any tips?
      What do you want to know?? I'll tell you just about anything...

For starters:

Know when to speak and when not to speak
      Recognize that the staff has a job and the job is to get you ready for a world that is ever changing and nothing is for sure... its a game, play said game intelligently!!
      Watch what you say and who you say it to, some of your classmates will trick on you before you even realized you said something wrong.
      Pay attention in class and you'll never really have to study, they want you to succeed. FYI there is a such thing as a stupid question. We had a lot of people asking questions that had just been explained...people will began to hate you, especially when it's 3:58 and you are asking something you've been explained 200x's. You agree encouraged to ask questions, but make sure you're paying attention beforehand!!
      The range instructors know what they are talking about, if they tell you your military shooting style needs correcting, or how your father or whoever taught you needs correcting... correct it!
      Always follow your last given instruction.
      Arguing with staff never smart!
      And most importantly enjoy it for what it is! Some people were miserable for six weeks because all they did was bitch and complain... its not hard, just take it for what it is worth, make some lifelong friendships, and enjoy... and yes the food is as bad as you've heard, but you get used to it.

Comment

• How hard are the exams? Also, is it really tough to pass the academy? And how are the bunks assigned and how many people?

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
          How hard are the exams? Also, is it really tough to pass the academy? And how are the bunks assigned and how many people?
          Not at all to both of your first two questions... if you pay attention 70% of the time you'll do just fine. I find it hard to believe anyone has ever failed academically, firearms however will get you fired.

As for bunks you'll be in a room with 2-5 others and it will be arranged by last name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
            Not at all to both of your first two questions... if you pay attention 70% of the time you'll do just fine. I find it hard to believe anyone has ever failed academically, firearms however will get you fired.

As for bunks you'll be in a room with 2-5 others and it will be arranged by last name.
            Is the firearms portion really tough? Do a lot of people fail?

Comment

• 2nd that. Havent shot a gun in a while... also, what week is the range?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                Is the firearms portion really tough? Do a lot of people fail?
                Is it tough? No. Again, if you pay attention you'll be good. The major issue is people come in with bad habits and they're hard to break, but they'll drill the right way into your head... And yes, I think the average is somewhere like 2 or 3 a class don't make it due to firearms... my class was said to be one of the few that didn't lose anyone so that was good for us.

If you're going and you're worried don't be, again I can't stress enough pay attention when you need to and enjoy the experience for what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                  2nd that. Havent shot a gun in a while... also, what week is the range?
                  The people with less experience actually end up shooting better, because they haven't developed bad habits that need to be unlearned.

And it will be either week 2-4 depending on which group you land in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                    No calls yet?
                    I just received a call this morning for stateville. I unfortunately turned it down due to another job opportunity.

Comment

• Idoc

^ Your score? Thanks

Comment

• Anyone get the call for the class on the 30th, seems like if they have started we should be seeing a few guy's with good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                          Anyone get the call for the class on the 30th, seems like if they have started we should be seeing a few guy's with good news!
                          I did yesterday. Posted it above

Comment

• I have no clue... Maybe most of the calls will go out this evening, this weekend, and early next week..

Comment

• Just so you guys know calls are going out my facility is hiring 5

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                                Just so you guys know calls are going out my facility is hiring 5
                                Which facility?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5580 users online. 337 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X