Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they offer the laid off guys a job at an institution and they turn it down they can still hire new guys, correct? If you continue to say you don't want to work at X because it's too far and there is no opening where you want to work in 3 years then you will be off the list, and new hires will be brought in to fill the positions they have at institutions where laid off guards don't want to accept a position at.
    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• I believe your SOL if you don't take the transfer. If your young and single why not transfer there is life outside of Chicago area.

Comment

• Not exactly, they union guys stated that you have a multiply choice for another 3 faciliies beside the facility you were hired from,if you turn a call down they simply take you off the list and you should expect a call from another facility.Decpite that option i chose only one facility. But what you have said makes a lot of sence to me ,honestly i don't know,nobody knows exactly the way the state works.
        Futureblue,i know what you mean but in my case it won't work for different sircumstances,plus lay off will work for me since i have upcoming testing with other agencies.
        Last edited by Americoza; 08-05-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Yea dont listen to the union guys...... good luck americoza

Comment

• Hi everyone just had a quick question. When you apply to be correctional officer at IDOC can you choose which prison you want to work for or do they assign you to one? Thanks a lot!

Comment

• They let you select two prisons that you would like to work at.

Comment

• I just got a letter from them today. Have a test date later this month. How long is this process? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

• name88. It varies from person to person. also depends on what you score and what prisions you choose. if the prisions you choose arent taking many cadets, your chances of getting on arent as good. the process after you test could take 2-8 months.

Comment

• Same here. Test on the 30th in st. Charles. Thats a nice drive. Going to make it a weekend and see where else i can go

Comment

• LOL, youll be taking the FINAL power for the academy on that day mauauhahah!
                      "Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear"

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                        name88. It varies from person to person. also depends on what you score and what prisions you choose. if the prisions you choose arent taking many cadets, your chances of getting on arent as good. the process after you test could take 2-8 months.
                        I live closest to Statesville so I would definitely choose that one if given the option. That's where you're at correct? If you dont mind me asking, how much is the average annual salary after the first year? I they offer about $45k for rookies but Im curious to know if they have a set increase during the next few years like Cook does. Also, do they offer food for vegetarians at the academy or are we going to have to convert to carnivorism? Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCSNIPER View Post
                          Same here. Test on the 30th in st. Charles. Thats a nice drive. Going to make it a weekend and see where else i can go
                          My test is on the 28th. I wonder how many tests will be conducted that week.

Comment

• Same here, test on the 28th. Never took a test like that before, any advice on how to prepare myself for that obstacle course?

Comment

• I will be there on the 29th... GregB, the obstacle corse is a joke! Seriously nothing about the written, physical, or interview is hard. But if you want to feel at ease when your there, I guess you can do suicides to prepare.
                              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Is it really 10 hours long?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4739 users online. 268 members and 4471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X