Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get to the academy they shake you down to make sure you dont bring anything they told you not to bring...... Corrections is filled with a bunch of idiots and they do try and bring their phone and other crap. I still work for IDOC.

Comment

If ya want to know anything about IDOC just PM me.

Comment

Does anyone knows the number to IDOC to check my appl status?

Comment

Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
          When you get to the academy they shake you down to make sure you dont bring anything they told you not to bring...... Corrections is filled with a bunch of idiots and they do try and bring their phone and other crap. I still work for IDOC.
          So, you can't bring anything in with you and put it in your locker?

Comment

Lainer call CMS not IDOC... ampm they give you a list on what to bring and not to bring. But with all the wonderful people who don't follow directions they will bring the stuff they are not suppose to bring and so they shake you down coming into the academy. And they will shake you down at your institution when ever you get there.

Comment

futureblue is 100% right, that's how they run the Academy and they do shake you in the GYM nce you arrived plus checking your tattoos.
              The first week is done ,we lost two men.Don't hurry to apply with IDOC guys since on my 2nd day they surprised us by laying off 69 cadets from Menard,Pontiac,and Sheridan.We were given a choice to get transfered but there is no way i'm going to Dixon so as soon i graduate ,i'll be laid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                futureblue is 100% right, that's how they run the Academy and they do shake you in the GYM nce you arrived plus checking your tattoos.
                The first week is done ,we lost two men.Don't hurry to apply with IDOC guys since on my 2nd day they surprised us by laying off 69 cadets from Menard,Pontiac,and Sheridan.We were given a choice to get transfered but there is no way i'm going to Dixon so as soon i graduate ,i'll be laid off.
                did you apply with county? where you at in process?

Comment

Originally posted by ampm View Post
                  did you apply with county? where you at in process?
                  Sure i did,waiting for my 2nd POWER test.

Comment

Americoza. How many they lay off from ur class of 30 going to Sheridan? County needs to hurry up. I'm still waiting on my BI to call!

Comment

• BigT50 PM sent

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                        Americoza. How many they lay off from ur class of 30 going to Sheridan? County needs to hurry up. I'm still waiting on my BI to call!
                        Your call is coming bro, the process slowed down again, now it takes 2months to get a letter for 2nd POWER test,used to be 1 month.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                          If dwight doesnt close down, sheridan, stateville and dixon will be hiring a lot for the next few academies. DOC is talking about another 4 classes after the one that just started today.
                          Someone please explain to me how this whole thing works. BigT50 just said they are having 4 more classes. AMPM said "Don't hurry to apply with IDOC guys since on my 2nd day they surprised us by laying off 69 cadets from Menard,Pontiac,and Sheridan.We were given a choice to get transfered but there is no way i'm going to Dixon so as soon i graduate ,i'll be laid off." This is all so contradicting! I'm just letting out some frustration.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• Just got my scores back from testing in may. I received a 70. Not really happy with it but if it gets me in then I'm ok with it. I applied for Menard. Since tamms is closing, I didn't know the chances of getting on? My buddy is in the academy as we speak and he got a 69 and tested last august. Also when is the next class, if anyone has heard? After this one..

Comment

• Originally posted by ibarrae7 View Post
                              Someone please explain to me how this whole thing works. BigT50 just said they are having 4 more classes. AMPM said "Don't hurry to apply with IDOC guys since on my 2nd day they surprised us by laying off 69 cadets from Menard,Pontiac,and Sheridan.We were given a choice to get transfered but there is no way i'm going to Dixon so as soon i graduate ,i'll be laid off." This is all so contradicting! I'm just letting out some frustration.
                              AMPM didn't state it ,i did.
                              That's what happened,due shutting down Thompson and Dwight officers with seniority had the right to choose what location they want to go,i have an option to go to a different location but it is to far away from the place i reside,all the prisons need officers though,Stateville officers work double shifts and make killing OT so IDOC needs to hire more COs in order to reduce overtime.
                              And YES,i heard from the class advisor that they are planning on for another 4 classes,when ....i have no idea,but before they start recruting ,they need to hire all of us whom were laid off

Comment

• Originally posted by zmac33 View Post
                                Just got my scores back from testing in may. I received a 70. Not really happy with it but if it gets me in then I'm ok with it. I applied for Menard. Since tamms is closing, I didn't know the chances of getting on? My buddy is in the academy as we speak and he got a 69 and tested last august. Also when is the next class, if anyone has heard? After this one..
                                70 is a pretty good score,but don't hold your breath,don't be surpised if one year elapses and there is no call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11328 users online. 432 members and 10896 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X