Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
    Have you tested again?
    I had a test date for November but missed it, then 3 days later received DQ letter lol. On the website it says anyone who applied before a certain date, I don't remember but I applied before the date, will be tested again during March. I'll call them at the end of February to see what they can do for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
      @magnus_c did you enjoy the salsa chips at lunch today lmao
      Didn't eat the state's feast today, had left overs from last night's dinner... but the soy balls and taters Monday was, "outstanding! "

Comment

• Had orientation today and overheard they are going to over lap two academies coming up.

Comment

Hey guys if I were to change my number 1 choice could that screw everything up? Kinda considering changing from Menard to Pontiac
          Not necessarily. I changed mine once. Send a letter stating what you want to change your choices to, to the address they gave you after the physical at testing. Then wait about 3-4 days and call the screening office and they'll tell you if it's been updated. Only takes a few days if you choose to change it.

Comment

• Now I have to hound you because I'm hoping to get on at Logan too! Are there any males in this round with you? And do you know if they will send any through in the next class? Thanks and congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
              Not necessarily. I changed mine once. Send a letter stating what you want to change your choices to, to the address they gave you after the physical at testing. Then wait about 3-4 days and call the screening office and they'll tell you if it's been updated. Only takes a few days if you choose to change it.
              I'm really confused because I was told by them it would. With a month left until I expire I don't even want to risk it. I guess I'm just more concerned because word around Southern Illinois (CO's and other state employee) is Menard doesn't hire very many minorities. I'm not saying that's true. But my parents worked in IDOC for years and they've said the same thing that everyone else is saying. Which sucks if its true.

Comment

I'm really confused because I was told by them it would. With a month left until I expire I don't even want to risk it. I guess I'm just more concerned because word around Southern Illinois (CO's and other state employee) is Menard doesn't hire very many minorities. I'm not saying that's true. But my parents worked in IDOC for years and they've said the same thing that everyone else is saying. Which sucks if its true.
                Lol... when I get off I'll give you an actual number of how many from Menard came out the last class. I can tell you there were only 14 black people in the entire class, don't ask, but I counted the very first day .

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                  Lol... when I get off I'll give you an actual number of how many from Menard came out the last class. I can tell you there were only 14 black people in the entire class, don't ask, but I counted the very first day .
                  Lol jesus christ that's ridiculous. I don't know if blacks just don't test or what the deal is. But if its another reason that upsets me because this my future. If I have to test again I will definitely be putting in for Stateville or Pontiac. Southern Illinois is a joke. I'm sorry. My Pops told me when he transferred from Northern Illinois to Southern Illinois he was shock in how you didn't see any minorities compared to (Joliet when they were open until 2002) and Stateville.

Comment

• Well if they are having another class in March calls should be going out this week or next

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                      Now I have to hound you because I'm hoping to get on at Logan too! Are there any males in this round with you? And do you know if they will send any through in the next class? Thanks and congrats!
                      Thank you! Orientation had a handful of girls and that's it. Although they said the guys had their orientation yesterday but I have no idea how many were in that group. They must be doing a Tue/Thurs orientation schedule this week for guys while girls are Wed/Fri. Keep your Logan choice. Don't give up. They sound like they may put more through if they're able to afford it. They are in need as I'm sure most are.
                      Last edited by DreamHunter06; 02-19-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Well looks like I'm switching to Pontiac. Fingers crossed for the call for March 30th

Comment

• Just an FYI as promised Logan had 12 cadets the last class 4 of which were males.

Comment

Just an FYI as promised Logan had 12 cadets the last class 4 of which were males.
                            Okay so must have been a long day... I was supposed to be counting Menard and their minorities, not Logan...

So Menard put 21 people through 1 was a minority... not saying what that means, but just the intel... I know nothing about Menard.

Comment

Okay so must have been a long day... I was supposed to be counting Menard and their minorities, not Logan...

So Menard put 21 people through 1 was a minority... not saying what that means, but just the intel... I know nothing about Menard.
                              I Dont know what the deal is down here lol. You hardly see any minority CO's. But I made the switch to Pontiac today.

Comment

• Hey guy's just a little update, those of us still waiting I called central screening making sure my switch went through and I was told it would go through when hiring for March 9th is complete. So apparently some facilities are still hiring for March 9th. So just in case keep your phones close. And yes there for sure is a March 30th class. Let's just say a really high up person told me yesterday. Good luck guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4057 users online. 215 members and 3842 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X