300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
    Staff assaults are high at Logan watch your back and congrats!
    Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
      Nice. How many were in the class for stateville.
      Six weeks later still don't know an exact number... mid 20's 23 or 25.

Comment

• .................................................. ....
        Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Congrats to those who graduated and to those going in to the academy

Comment

• Well I expire at the end of March and if I Dont get into one of the March Academy classes I will definitely be testing again. But recently I've been terminated from a job for a fork lift violation (no seatbelt and being in a restricted zone with a forklift) stupid mistake on my part. But if I'm honest about it on my application can I still be DQ'd for something of that nature?

Comment

• It's not totally clear how they do the process... was fired from a job for excessive tardy and still got on. it was back in 2007 and I was 19 so that could have something to do with it.
              Butttt! I'm going to assume a year later they have been done with your work verification for some time now.
              Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
              Well I expire at the end of March and if I Dont get into one of the March Academy classes I will definitely be testing again. But recently I've been terminated from a job for a fork lift violation (no seatbelt and being in a restricted zone with a forklift) stupid mistake on my part. But if I'm honest about it on my application can I still be DQ'd for something of that nature?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                It's not totally clear how they do the process... was fired from a job for excessive tardy and still got on. it was back in 2007 and I was 19 so that could have something to do with it.
                Butttt! I'm going to assume a year later they have been done with your work verification for some time now.
                I'm just hoping it won't screw me over if I have to test again. This happened after I tested the first time. So I'm hoping they wouldn't DQ for something like a fork lift violation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                  I'm just hoping it won't screw me over if I have to test again. This happened after I tested the first time. So I'm hoping they wouldn't DQ for something like a fork lift violation.
                  Can't see that being a DQ issue, you can still get on with a DUI after time has passed, and a forklift violation never goes on a mvr or court services record.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                    Can't see that being a DQ issue, you can still get on with a DUI after time has passed, and a forklift violation never goes on a mvr or court services record.
                    Yeah you're right. Now that I think of it I have heard of people getting hired with certain things on their record lol

Comment

• Anyone know when IDOC is hiring again? I got DQ because of my record but now it's expunged so I think I'm good to go for another try!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                        Anyone know when IDOC is hiring again? I got DQ because of my record but now it's expunged so I think I'm good to go for another try!
                        Have you tested again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                          Just graduated today... and wanted to chime in on a few things asked this week. First, yes the academy is set up to hold two classes at once, and does so often. Yes, there are two classes scheduled for March. I honestly don't recommend practicing shooting before hand, because 9 X out of 10 you have bad habits, and the more you use them the harder they are to drop... the FRITS are amazing and will get you in the right habits, and if they can't the TRT guys will, especially the range master... he's legit!!

Also, Stateville is only putting 12 through for the class on the 9th

Lastly, if you don't get in in march remember the plan as of now is to keep cranking out classes like every three weeks.
                          When you call a facility and ask about a future class date will they not tell you? Every time I ask if there will be a second class in March they say no or idk

Comment

• Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                            When you call a facility and ask about a future class date will they not tell you? Every time I ask if there will be a second class in March they say no or idk
                            No they won't tell you... primarily because they don't know. The people at the facilities don't make the call of when classes are all they do is decide how many, if any they can afford to send. They won't know until Springfield confirms with them, and my intel came from academy staff in Springfield.

Also, if you're calling the facility more than likely you're talking to an officer who not only does not have that information, they don't really care to.

Comment

• .................................................. ....
                              Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys if I were to change my number 1 choice could that screw everything up? Kinda considering changing from Menard to Pontiac

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7770 users online. 394 members and 7376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X