Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    do you know his score and which prison?
    also to make sure, the academy is 4 weeks right? or 6?
    She had a mid 60 score. It was for Logan correctional facility and the academy is 6 weeks.

I have the same two choices as she did with a lower score and did not get a call.

Comment

• Alright so here's the scoop... as you may or may not have saw Rauner is claiming to go on a hiring spree. We kinda new this was coming, but for more information of the current plan, the first class will be the 9th of March, next class three weeks after that say the 30th of March than a class every three weeks after that until we reach the goal... Again, that's the current plan, but one thing you learn quickly is nothing is for certain with DOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
        Alright so here's the scoop... as you may or may not have saw Rauner is claiming to go on a hiring spree. We kinda new this was coming, but for more information of the current plan, the first class will be the 9th of March, next class three weeks after that say the 30th of March than a class every three weeks after that until we reach the goal... Again, that's the current plan, but one thing you learn quickly is nothing is for certain with DOC.
        That's great news. Hopefully we can all get on with this hiring spree if the plan stays in place! Holding on to the hope that since they aren't accepting applications they start moving down the lists and hire a lot more other than just the top few.

Comment

• They'll most likely re-open the application process around this time as well, which has been the norm the past couple years... but really shouldn't effect people already on the list with half way decent scores

Comment

• .................................................. ....
            Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• When you come in fresh outta the academy, do they assign u a spot automatically or ask you where u would like to be... or hows that work where u fall in the prison as a position etc? Someone explain please!

Comment

• At my facility you have cycle training which you go over cpr sexual harassment basically the same stuff at the academy. Then you do some on the job training then you are off on your own.... You will learn real fast majors are not going to ask you where you want to go. They will put you where they want and it's probably the worst place in the institution. Higher seniority mainly works the good jobs.

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                When you come in fresh outta the academy, do they assign u a spot automatically or ask you where u would like to be... or hows that work where u fall in the prison as a position etc? Someone explain please!

Comment

• I had the same question, what while I'll find out soon enough is every institution does things differently... per the Stateville training team after you come out your supposed to be on days for 6 weeks still in COT (T stands for trainee) doing on the job training Monday through Friday shadowing a senior officer. I've been told this is actually a statewide policy, however, it rarely happens.. apparently you'd be lucky to get three days of shadowing a senior officer at most facilities, but again welcome to the State of Illinois! During your 6 weeks of COT status actually in the job though you'd probably end up seeing a lot of different positions to learn as much as possible (I'd assume), you'll probably see the ****ty spots a lot more, but you probably won't know your actual post and shift until later within those 6 weeks..

For me this is all hearsay, I really don't know... I've just asked the sad questions and that's what I received, so in a nutshell the answer is, "it depends "

Comment

• Just out of curiosity.. Let's say there are two classes in March one on the 9th and one the 30th. After people get the call for the March 9th class will the list start where it left off for the March 30th class?

Comment

• No calls today? We only heard of one. Are they done again? Lol

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by BigmanJ View Post
                        Just out of curiosity.. Let's say there are two classes in March one on the 9th and one the 30th. After people get the call for the March 9th class will the list start where it left off for the March 30th class?
                        I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes since they are not taking apps=no new people being added to the list

Let me add that at this point..if you've been waiting for about a year you will probably win any tie breakers(having the same score).
                        Last edited by topflight; 02-07-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                          And he lets us continue to feel bad for two weeks! Congrats man!
                          Just saw your post. Thanks man but doesn't mean anything till I get the call. Good luck to you!

Feel like a teenager by the phone...
                          Last edited by topflight; 02-07-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Well that's good. I've been on Menard's list 11 months now.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                              No calls today? We only heard of one. Are they done again? Lol
                              I hope not! Lol Maybe some calls early next week if we're lucky or maybe some calls in the next few weeks for the later march date if it's going to happen

Comment

• Hey Magnus, any word on which facilities will be sending the most through class? And any breakdown of the ones in there with you now? Remember those of us still waiting are detail skanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9269 users online. 443 members and 8826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X