Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week of the academy! Been an overall decent experience this far. New class comes in July 23rd. Any questions feel free to ask me. I'll be in Sheridan CC when I graduate. Wondering if anyone got a call from them for the academy?

Comment

Hey Big T50 PM me when you have a chance ,I've got call from Sheridan ,starting academy 23July

Comment

Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
        Last week of the academy! Been an overall decent experience this far. New class comes in July 23rd. Any questions feel free to ask me. I'll be in Sheridan CC when I graduate. Wondering if anyone got a call from them for the academy?
        Where do I apply??

Comment

Originally posted by ampm View Post
          Where do I apply??
          http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsecti.../default.shtml
          Here is the link bro,good luck.

Comment

Applied almost 3 months ago and still did not hear anything from DOC. Does anyone know what is their wait period?

Comment

Originally posted by Americoza View Post
              How much do you make? and what are the benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by ampm View Post
                How much do you make? and what are the benefits?
                I'm starting the academy next week.
                Starting pay is 42432,after 3 months it bumps up to 45816,as a rookie you have 10 vacation days,3 personal days a year and 1 sick day per month,pension after 20 years,health,life and dental insurance,which becomes free after 20 years of service,lots of overtime as i was told by the personel.

Comment

Would anyone know what might be a good score to be picked for Stateville?

Comment

Goodguy21 if you had a score above 35 you should be picked for stateville they are always hiring. Americoza health insurance will no longer be free when you retire and the retirement has changed for new hires. This is no longer a good job like it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappy6396 View Post
                      Goodguy21 if you had a score above 35 you should be picked for stateville they are always hiring. Americoza health insurance will no longer be free when you retire and the retirement has changed for new hires. This is no longer a good job like it use to be.
                      We filled up papers under the condition i described above but thanx for heads up.
                      I took the job because it's much better than i currently have,still testing for other departments and hopefully will get it soon or later, funny but it seems like every department drops nutches according to employees' posts.
                      Doubt about the passing score though, people i know who were called for two recent classes had scores from 60-90,just food for thoughts.

Comment

WOW I guess its all about timing. My score was in the mid 70 and didn't get called. I expired in March. Question, I applied in April and haven't heard anything, should I call them?
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

I took my test in March 2012 and got called for the academy in May 2012. I never saw my score before they called me. I got a 75 and most of the people I went to the academy with had a 60 or above. If dwight doesnt close down, sheridan, stateville and dixon will be hiring a lot for the next few academies. DOC is talking about another 4 classes after the one that just started today. @Ibarrae, I would call down to springfield and ask. Couldn't hurt. Good luck Americoza! See you in Sheridan in a few weeks! PS dont eat the meatballs or biscuits and gravy!

Comment

How long ago did everyone apply? I applied through that link about 5 months ago and I have yet to hear anything from them. Does anyone have a number I can call to see where I stand? Also, some timelines would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
                            Last edited by name88; 07-24-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Timing or who ya know is how you get hired with IDOC. I tested March 8th and was standing in the Academy gym emptying my bag out on April 18th. Corrections is FUBAR.

Comment

Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
                                Timing or who ya know is how you get hired with IDOC. I tested March 8th and was standing in the Academy gym emptying my bag out on April 18th. Corrections is FUBAR.
                                What do you mean by emptying out your gym bag? Did you quit while in the academy?
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7436 users online. 345 members and 7091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X