300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
    Totally off topic, but for all that are going to the upcoming academy, what type of job are you guys leaving and rate of pay? I'm leaving a job that pays 21.79 an hour. Only bad thing is, we don't have sick days or Personal days.
    I'm a security manager and consultant... I'm paid based on assignment for consulting gigs, and salary for my management gig, but nowhere near close to what I could potentially make at idoc, with the amount of ot floating around the Ville... I'm probably going to keep the consulting job

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
      I'm a security manager and consultant... I'm paid based on assignment for consulting gigs, and salary for my management gig, but nowhere near close to what I could potentially make at idoc, with the amount of ot floating around the Ville... I'm probably going to keep the consulting job
      Good stuff! Some of my co workers looked at me crazy when they heard I put in my 2 weeks, but they have no idea the type of money IDOC pays. I've heard officers made over $100,000 with overtime...just regular correctional officers!!

Comment

Good stuff! Some of my co workers looked at me crazy when they heard I put in my 2 weeks, but they have no idea the type of money IDOC pays. I've heard officers made over $100,000 with overtime...just regular correctional officers!!
        ShiitZzz... ASAP I get that call from any dpt I'm walking out during my shift. I'm going be telling my boss "see yaa", "don't let me catch you in the streets because I will give you a ticket"...and I'm currently working security and loss prevention(really tiered of that lol 5 years on that field)

Comment

• the overtime is lovely!

Originally posted by Runner84 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
            Thanks...! when I was there, Stateville, for orientation I did see a bunch of guys walking in with ****, maybe it was just the holders...idk... one guy for sure though had sky blue handcuffs, lol, sure those were his... and all the SGT's (that I encountered at least) had OC, even the training SGT showing us around.

Seems as if there may be rules, but either they are lightly enforced or not technically written into policy so you can get away with it. Like vests, someone asked can he wear a vest, and the answer was, "We can't tell you not to, and if the state would pay for it I think we'd all have them!"
            This is wrong. In my time here at Stateville I've never, never seen an officer walk in with their own pair of handcuffs. That's considered major contraband and could mean your job. Only sgt. Lt. And majors carry o.c. At Stateville.
            Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
              This is wrong. In my time here at Stateville I've never, never seen an officer walk in with their own pair of handcuffs. That's considered major contraband and could mean your job. Only sgt. Lt. And majors carry o.c. At Stateville.
              As stated, could have just been the carriers... Except for the guy with the sky blue cuffs, maybe someone should explain to him the rules

Comment

• no results in the mail yet from 11/19 test date....
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                  no results in the mail yet from 11/19 test date....
                  6-8 weeks... keep in mind with the holidays you should probably be expecting the latter of the two.

Comment

• I got mine n exactly 8 weeks

Comment

• As did I...

Happy New Year by the way everyone!! Hope everyone is being safe!

Comment

• Someway to bring in the new year with a mandate! Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

• I couldn't find anything in the handbook or list about bringing a towel, washcloth and laundry bag but it clearly shows them in the book. Are they provided or do we bring our own?

Comment

• .................................................. ....
                            Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Will a calling card be fine or is it necessary to bring Change for the pay phones? Also, are there basketball goals there for recreation time?

Comment

Will a calling card be fine or is it necessary to bring Change for the pay phones? Also, are there basketball goals there for recreation time?
                                Gym time has to be earned, generally takes about a week. Initially we had to decide between the gym and the weight room and we took the weight room. After another week or so we were given both. Carry plenty of change because you will also want it for the vending machines.
                                Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                                Me: you really want an answer to that
                                Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9972 users online. 453 members and 9519 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X