Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the facial hair policy in the academy and on the job?

CCDOC was clean shaven every morning and at lunch if you grew quickly. OTJ you could have a beard with a "beard cArd" from any doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
      What's the facial hair policy in the academy and on the job?

CCDOC was clean shaven every morning and at lunch if you grew quickly. OTJ you could have a beard with a "beard cArd" from any doctor.
      My buddy who works at Stateville has the most ridiculous beard and no mustache... its very lumberjacky, and borderline disgusting...lol... also I know a few guys on the CPD football team from IDOC that also have that going on. Sooo OTJ it can't be too tough.

Comment

• lol I have a lumberjack beard. I only shave for police interviews and if I decide to get married, that's it! I mean I do shave under the chin area and the tops of my cheeks. FYI, ladies love it!!!!
        Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
          lol I have a lumberjack beard. I only shave for police interviews and if I decide to get married, that's it! I mean I do shave under the chin area and the tops of my cheeks. FYI, ladies love it!!!!
          Lumberjack beard is good to go even in the
          Academy?!

Good to know it's alright OTJ

Comment

Lumberjack beard is good to go even in the
            Academy?!

Good to know it's alright OTJ
            Same.
            Vaya con dios

Comment

Did anyone get called for Pontiac?
              I got the call from Pontiac on the 11th.
              Orientation is Dec 19th and Jan 2nd. Academy starts Jan 5th.

I tested on Oct 7, received my score of 74 on Nov 24.

When I received the call, the Lieutenant said my background was still waiting to pass, but I still got the conditional offer.

Been reading all I can, so hopefully I'm prepared.

Comment

• Just got in from orientation... I will say I was very surprised by the hospitality shown by the staff over at Stateville.. you read horror stories, and I was expecting everyone to be bland and have an attitude... I don't think I saw a non smiling face the whole 8 hours I was there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                  Just got in from orientation... I will say I was very surprised by the hospitality shown by the staff over at Stateville.. you read horror stories, and I was expecting everyone to be bland and have an attitude... I don't think I saw a non smiling face the whole 8 hours I was there.
                  What kind of clothes did you wear to orientation? I was only told no shorts and derogatory images on shirts. Does that mean jeans and a plain t-shirt are fine? Or should I dress it up a bit?

Comment

• Originally posted by lZephyrl View Post
                    What kind of clothes did you wear to orientation? I was only told no shorts and derogatory images on shirts. Does that mean jeans and a plain t-shirt are fine? Or should I dress it up a bit?
                    Why are the days so split for Pontiac? 19th and Jan 2nd?!

Comment

The Sgt who called me said, "casual" so I did nice pair of slacks, collared shirt, NO tie...seemed to be the trend, however, some people wore t shirts, jeans and gym shoes and received no grief.

Comment

• No clue. Just what I was told. Originally it was for the 22 and 2. But they bumped it up for some reason.

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by lZephyrl View Post
                          No clue. Just what I was told. Originally it was for the 22 and 2. But they bumped it up for some reason.
                          Do you live near Pontiac or know much about the facility/anyone that works there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                            lol I have a lumberjack beard. I only shave for police interviews and if I decide to get married, that's it! I mean I do shave under the chin area and the tops of my cheeks. FYI, ladies love it!!!!
                            Oh yeah.. They sure love that...
                            I got same beard as you lol

Comment

Do you live near Pontiac or know much about the facility/anyone that works there?
                              Nope, I'm like 1 hour away. And know nothing about it. During testing, they said Pontiac will be hiring for sure, so I made them #1.

Comment

Nope, I'm like 1 hour away. And know nothing about it. During testing, they said Pontiac will be hiring for sure, so I made them #1.
                                Good deal, congrats!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8679 users online. 395 members and 8284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X