300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
    57 out of what? 100? 200? is it not measured that way? I tested Nov 19th..still waiting for a score.
    Score is out of 100:

20 for written
    20 for work experience
    20 for education
    10 for military
    30 the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
      I got a DQ letter but my score was 57 and I was signed up for Statesville. I heard they only do background checks when they want to hire but I don't know if that is true because there are tons of people with a better score than me waiting on the Statesville list, so not sure if it is even worth appealing. I might do it just because I'm on winter break and have nothing else to do lol.
      They probably just do a light background on every candidate who scores above the lowest accepted score, it's a 35 or something I believe.

There is a prison guard forum with some good info on IDOC as well. A current employee posted that they do three checks overall and you will not be called for an academy until the BI is complete. He also says that if they hit a bump in the BI, they call you right away.

But we have heard the opposite on here about BIs! Who knows!

Anyone have an orientation yet?

Comment

• Wednesday and Friday

Comment

• Hello all. I've been reading over this forum for a few weeks now and was curious if any one has a different choice other than Stateville?

I took my test September 24, 2014. I received my score in the mail November 7, 2014. I choose Hill C.C. in Galesburg as my first and East Moline C.C. in Moline as my second. Has anyone received any calls from either of those prisons??

By the way, Congratulations to all that have received calls already! I just hope they aren't done calling for the 5th!

Comment

• I haven't seen anyone with those choices on here before. Are the medium or minimum locations? If so, they may have few in each class. What was your score?

Comment

• Galesburg is a medium and Moline is a minimum. They are the closest ones to where I currently live but I told them I wanted to be on the statewide list when I was interviewed. My score is low with no college or military but maxed out everything I could. Kind of disappointing but hoping I can get my foot in the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamHunter06 View Post
                Galesburg is a medium and Moline is a minimum. They are the closest ones to where I currently live but I told them I wanted to be on the statewide list when I was interviewed. My score is low with no college or military but maxed out everything I could. Kind of disappointing but hoping I can get my foot in the door.
                They have a list of people for the statewide list but they haven't put it together/implemented it yet; that's the last I was told when I was in contact with them a few weeks ago.

The max places obviously hire the most and all the old posts on here say apply to one of throes and then transfer later after you are in.

I don't think Stateville is a good choice if you have a low score but other max facilities away from Chicago would be a good pick. Call them up and ask where they think you should pick, they can only say no or give you a location. Can't hurt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                  If no one gives a comprehensive report, I fully intend on giving a weekly report of what's going on in the academy... some say you shouldn't go in knowing everything, well I hate surprises, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
                  Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                  I spoke with central screening and they said you WILL NOT be called unless your background check is complete. She said they usually wait until they know who will be going to an institution and then conduct their background check. So, there's no way you'll be in the academy without your background being done. I asked this very question and this is what I was told. I'm assuming it's done this way to save money and not waste valuable time. That's why phone calls and dq letters are out in the exact same week.
                  What's with everyone who got the call not having PMs turned on?!?

Comment

• Orientation for me is today and Thursday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                      What's with everyone who got the call not having PMs turned on?!?
                      Not really familiar with the PM on And off thing lol. I'll try to turn it on now. PM me any questions or concerns.

Comment

• Idoc

How many people were there and what do you do?

Sounds good in the PMs

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                          Not really familiar with the PM on And off thing lol. I'll try to turn it on now. PM me any questions or concerns.
                          FYI you can only change it from the actual site, not thru an app like tapatalk if you use it

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                            Orientation for me is today and Thursday!
                            What facility?

@Bman.. I'll try and turn on the PM, never have before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                              They have a list of people for the statewide list but they haven't put it together/implemented it yet; that's the last I was told when I was in contact with them a few weeks ago.

The max places obviously hire the most and all the old posts on here say apply to one of throes and then transfer later after you are in.

I don't think Stateville is a good choice if you have a low score but other max facilities away from Chicago would be a good pick. Call them up and ask where they think you should pick, they can only say no or give you a location. Can't hurt!
                              I may call them and ask if they've put together the statewide list yet and see if they can push me in a direction! Thanks for the info!!

Comment

• Stateville does have dorms but there are no longer operable. Stateville also does have a trailer park for employees but you have to be grandfathered in. People living there only pay like $20 a month for rent.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8765 users online. 440 members and 8325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X