Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Equal Are u serious? Sprayed in the chest?! I'm thinking its an eye spray! But how good of a number did you pull in your class going to stateville?

Comment

• .................................................. ....
      Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
          yep sprayed in the chest but the instructors will spray you on the neck and spray up in attempt to get your face. they were saying they no longer spray in the eyes because 5 cadets last cadets had medical problems after getting sprayed apparently. i pulled the lowest number out of all cadets going to stateville so i think i have more seniority than everyone else in my class? im not sure
          What was your score from the idoc test?

Comment

Last edited by equalsword; 10-16-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
              When I went through TACT certification it was in one eye and you went through a mini obstacle course... I'm pretty sure it's all the same! Eiba how does that work in your facility? They only have set writ officers??? They call us and ask if we want to do a writ for the next day.
              Yes ma'am we have a writ officer assignments as a 5 day. I work at the NRC portion of Stateville and MANY inmates here are going back and forth to court. Anywhere between 40 to 100 (sometimes more) go to court daily.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                yep sprayed in the chest but the instructors will spray you on the neck and spray up in attempt to get your face. they were saying they no longer spray in the eyes because 5 cadets last cadets had medical problems after getting sprayed apparently. i pulled the lowest number out of all cadets going to stateville so i think i have more seniority than everyone else in my class? im not sure
                Maybe they will let u pick lol

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                  Congrats to you who are going to the academy!!! Those of you waiting for a background check to complete don't pay attention to what they say... I tested in June 2012 and they told me they told me they were still working on April's backgrounds... Then two weeks later I got the call... So there is hope
                  This is true about the background checks. You can be hired and then they complete it while you are in the academy/working but of course the job offer in contingent on you passing it!

Edit:

I just read both threads front to back. The account from the academy is from 2008. Now I'm guessing it could be similar, I'm sure the food hasn't changed much, but this is 6 years ago. Has anyone gone thru recently that can confirm or deny the accuracy of the account.

Also something was said about living in cheap dorms after the academy and at the institution if someone didn't want to move.

Does IDOC have on site dorms for employees to live in/rent. *after the academy*
                  Last edited by Bman4130; 12-14-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                    Congrats again to those of you starting the next academy. Just in time to ask for a new set of duty boots and a belt for Christmas! For those of us who haven't gotten the call yet I think it would be safe to assume we just need to hold out hope for that 2nd class in January. Again, congrats and best of luck to those of you who have made it. Be sure to keep us updated. And a fresh updated version of the IDOC Academy review that Blackjack made may be in order???
                    If no one gives a comprehensive report, I fully intend on giving a weekly report of what's going on in the academy... some say you shouldn't go in knowing everything, well I hate surprises, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                      This is true about the background checks. You can be hired and then they complete it while you are in the academy/working but of course the job offer in contingent on you passing it!

Edit:

I just read both threads front to back. The account from the academy is from 2008. Now I'm guessing it could be similar, I'm sure the food hasn't changed much, but this is 6 years ago. Has anyone gone thru recently that can confirm or deny the accuracy of the account.

Also something was said about living in cheap dorms after the academy and at the institution if someone didn't want to move.

I can vouch that the academy is pretty much the same other than the card system that my class was the first class to not use them. I went through the academy 2 years ago. They do inspections every morning the classes are Boring except for a few.
                      There's a test every week and you break for the weekend at around noon. They make you tear down your bed every week and make it up every Monday.... I slept on top of my covers every week for the 6 weeks I slept in my pj pants and cadet sweatshirt. As a word of advice do not go into corrections knowing everything if you already know just let the officers explain it to you anyway. Consequences of a know it all is bad... Even at the academy they will remind you real quick you are just a cadet! But as you become an officer and return to the academy for other training they will treat you
                      Different lol!
                      As far as I know Stateville has dorms but Eiba can confirm this? I don't think Pontiac has them anymore from what I can remember?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post

Edit:

I spoke with central screening and they said you WILL NOT be called unless your background check is complete. She said they usually wait until they know who will be going to an institution and then conduct their background check. So, there's no way you'll be in the academy without your background being done. I asked this very question and this is what I was told. I'm assuming it's done this way to save money and not waste valuable time. That's why phone calls and dq letters are out in the exact same week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                          I spoke with central screening and they said you WILL NOT be called unless your background check is complete. She said they usually wait until they know who will be going to an institution and then conduct their background check. So, there's no way you'll be in the academy without your background being done. I asked this very question and this is what I was told. I'm assuming it's done this way to save money and not waste valuable time. That's why phone calls and dq letters are out in the exact same week.
                          I got a DQ letter but my score was 57 and I was signed up for Statesville. I heard they only do background checks when they want to hire but I don't know if that is true because there are tons of people with a better score than me waiting on the Statesville list, so not sure if it is even worth appealing. I might do it just because I'm on winter break and have nothing else to do lol.

Comment

• Still waiting for my test... It's going be couple months more. I just want to have ILDOC as my option 3. @cpd2010 have you gotten your ILDOC score?

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                              Still waiting for my test... It's going be couple months more. I just want to have ILDOC as my option 3. @cpd2010 have you gotten your ILDOC score?
                              nope.
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                                I got a DQ letter but my score was 57 and I was signed up for Statesville. I heard they only do background checks when they want to hire but I don't know if that is true because there are tons of people with a better score than me waiting on the Statesville list, so not sure if it is even worth appealing. I might do it just because I'm on winter break and have nothing else to do lol.
                                57 out of what? 100? 200? is it not measured that way? I tested Nov 19th..still waiting for a score.
                                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 285 members and 6268 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X