Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idoc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ...sidebar, does anyone know their secondary employment policy? A lot of departments like CPD require you be off probation (18 months) before you can work a part time gig. I only ask because my current job(s) are in security and they'd pay me a **** ton to work as a peace officer... hell more than I make as a manager.

    Comment


    • It's off my public record but still on my court services, made sure to fully disclose everything from start to finish. I did call central screening today and they told me my BI was not completed yet, just a waiting game I suppose.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
        It's off my public record but still on my court services, made sure to fully disclose everything from start to finish. I did call central screening today and they told me my BI was not completed yet, just a waiting game I suppose.
        When did you test?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
          When did you test?
          28 Aug 2014, got my score 03 Oct.

          Comment


          • Damn i tested a few weeks after you. I gotta call and see if my background is done!

            Comment


            • It really sucks missing the boat this time around. Submitting this appeal today. Hopefully something in Feb-April opens up.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                ...sidebar, does anyone know their secondary employment policy? A lot of departments like CPD require you be off probation (18 months) before you can work a part time gig. I only ask because my current job(s) are in security and they'd pay me a **** ton to work as a peace officer... hell more than I make as a manager.
                I worked security at bar's with a few IDOC guys, none of them ever said anything about a moonlighting policy. As far as I know C/O's for DOC still can't carry off duty under those credentials, and while not preforming your state job, at least for IDOC, I don't think your covered by the peace officer status. Only thing to worry about would be getting caught up in a lawsuit over something that happened when you weren't on the IDOC clock.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                  Damn i tested a few weeks after you. I gotta call and see if my background is done!
                  When I asked she told me they were not through August yet.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                    I worked security at bar's with a few IDOC guys, none of them ever said anything about a moonlighting policy. As far as I know C/O's for DOC still can't carry off duty under those credentials, and while not preforming your state job, at least for IDOC, I don't think your covered by the peace officer status. Only thing to worry about would be getting caught up in a lawsuit over something that happened when you weren't on the IDOC clock.
                    Legally yes, by the standards of LEOSA you are, however, by the standards of the department I don't think so... Not to concerned with it, don't need to be armed.

                    Comment


                    • i tested nov 19th..so not unusual i havent gotten results yet?
                      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                        i tested nov 19th..so not unusual i havent gotten results yet?
                        No, I believe they tell you either 6 or 8 weeks. Should say the expected wait time on the information sheet they gave you before you left the test.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                          No, I believe they tell you either 6 or 8 weeks. Should say the expected wait time on the information sheet they gave you before you left the test.
                          yes, said 6-8 weeks and dont call for an update. lol
                          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                          Comment


                          • Got the call for Stateville!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                              Got the call for Stateville!!
                              im assuming this means you have been though the BI process already right? is there a poly, med, etc process for IDOC? yea I guess im an FNG...lol
                              Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                                im assuming this means you have been though the BI process already right? is there a poly, med, etc process for IDOC? yea I guess im an FNG...lol
                                As for BI I can only assume...the process for IDOC is a Web of unknown, even for those going through it.

                                No poly, minor medical at orientation after you receive the offer.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12448 users online. 429 members and 12019 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X