X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
    So who else can't wait to put in their two week notice? Haha
    I'd love to.

If we're following closely to the last timeline it was O call, 6 days later orientation and 2 week later academy.

If we're thinking Jan 5 for academy then we would get called next week right?

Comment

• Got a paper mail today saying I was DQ and taken off eligibility list for a misdemeanor from 2010(it wasn't a misdemeanor for violence, assault, firearms, or drugs, it was something retarded that was dismissed). I thought they only did background investigations for people about to get hired? I was on the statesville list but I received a low score from the time I went in June, so I reapplied a couple months ago and had a November 27 date but I simply decided not to go to it.

2 thoughts: Did they send a DQ because I did not show up the second time, or is it because they were about to call me, because if that is the case I will appeal. They didn't say anything about it the first time I went....

Comment

• Idoc

Can you appeal? I'm sorry to hear that. Did they give you the opportunity to explain the circumstances. Did a BI contact you? They may have tried to contact you so you could explain but were unable to do so, hence the DQ. Also, maybe because it was recent? Wish you luck in finding out, if you get more info let us know.

You would have only been DQ'D if you applied and didn't go a third time. I got that from IDOC personnel.
        Last edited by topflight; 12-09-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Arbiter, sorry to hear that!

DQ letter is one of my fears, I religiously check my mail almost as much as I check my phone... before I would just let mail pile up, because who really uses the usps anymore!!?? Anyhow, my record is squeaky... well maybe not squeaky was arrested in 2008, but it was dismissed; people who are totally in my past, but were close enough to have a shared address, however, records are not as nice... i'd be too ****ed if I get DQ'd because I knew former, and maybe current inmates ,for all I know, as a child.

Comment

• Yeah it says at the bottom I can appeal, I'm not even mad more just surprised lol because I lost interest in IDOC. No one tried to call though but I didn't think they would even do a BI on me unless I was getting hired....

I was only charged but never convicted, case was dismissed immediately. I can probably clarify the issue in the appeal but I don't know if it is worth it or not... I'm confident with Cook County and have my eyes set on that, but I'll think about it.

Comment

• I too work nights. Good to know we all have similar situations. I hope the calls come this week. Where did you guys get the Jan 5 date from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                Yeah it says at the bottom I can appeal, I'm not even mad more just surprised lol because I lost interest in IDOC. No one tried to call though but I didn't think they would even do a BI on me unless I was getting hired....

I was only charged but never convicted, case was dismissed immediately. I can probably clarify the issue in the appeal but I don't know if it is worth it or not... I'm confident with Cook County and have my eyes set on that, but I'll think about it.
                When did you test again? I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you'll win the appeal, if you decide to

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                  I too work nights. Good to know we all have similar situations. I hope the calls come this week. Where did you guys get the Jan 5 date from?
                  Just a guess based on previous years. Also ES mentioned Jan.3rd, but that's a Saturday.
                  Well goodnight ppl..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                    When did you test again? I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure you'll win the appeal, if you decide to
                    I applied in February and tested in June. I didn't like the score and reapplied, then I got a notice for a November 27 date but I didn't go. Then coincidentally I get a DQ a week later because of a misdemeanor lmao. I just don't know what I would get out of doing an appeal... I would be back on a list that is stuffed with dozens above me. I'm almost done with Cook's process so not worried at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                      I applied in February and tested in June. I didn't like the score and reapplied, then I got a notice for a November 27 date but I didn't go. Then coincidentally I get a DQ a week later because of a misdemeanor lmao. I just don't know what I would get out of doing an appeal... I would be back on a list that is stuffed with dozens above me. I'm almost done with Cook's process so not worried at all
                      Quite possibly the worse five words I've ever seen on the Internet, "I'm confident with cook county. " Good luck in the process of course, but by no means should you put all your eggs in Sheriff Dart's basket.. You can go back to pages 23 and 24 and read mine and a buddies experience, but in a nutshell cook county will offer you a job, and take it away with no explanation... in my buddy's case the day he was scheduled to report for the academy.

Just my advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                        Quite possibly the worse five words I've ever seen on the Internet, "I'm confident with cook county. " Good luck in the process of course, but by no means should you put all your eggs in Sheriff Dart's basket.. You can go back to pages 23 and 24 and read mine and a buddies experience, but in a nutshell cook county will offer you a job, and take it away with no explanation... in my buddy's case the day he was scheduled to report for the academy.

Just my advice.
                        No denying that, Cook County could at anytime decline me for any reason. That's something of course I worry about everyday. I'll see how it goes though.

Comment

• I'd appeal just for the purpose of not leaving myself with one option...especially knowing the track record label cook county.

But again just advice. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Comment

• Apply 2-3 months ago and nada yet. Hopefully January or late February

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                              Apply 2-3 months ago and nada yet. Hopefully January or late February
                              It'll be march/April

Check the website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                                It'll be march/April

Check the website.
                                Yep. I check. And I bet it's going be in Charles IL that farm prison. Which is like 1 hours and 20-30 minutes away from were I live.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9442 users online. 493 members and 8949 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X