Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called today to make sure I had my county choices where I wanted them, had to fight back the urge to ask if they knew what my spot on the list was... So if we all make it are we gunna find each other at the academy?

Comment

• Idoc

You can ask nicely and they tell you. They don't get mad!

What county?
      Last edited by Bman4130; 12-08-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• #1 is Logan, #2 Montgomery, first time a couple years ago I went for the 'ville. But now that a family has occurred moving isn't so appealing.

Comment

• Just an FYI, from what I've been told the calls come from the facility that will be hiring you... Stateville is a 815 number if that's your county.

Also, yes BTP I'm looking forward for knowing, well at least kinda knowing a few people in the academy...We gotta stick together lol.

Comment

• I'll be your friends.

Comment

• Does anybody know how the housing works at Concordia? Will we be assigned randomly or bunk with guys from our respective facilities?

Comment

• From this thread and the old IDOC academy thread it seems like you are assigned into squads by your housing. I would guess by location to build a community feeling but I'm not entirely sure.

Comment

• I am sure we all will be friends during the academy, can't wait! I hope we all get hired. Every department should be hiring at least a couple. And yes, the correctional facility will be the ones calling. I'm sure calls should be coming this week as someone posted above because orientation is mandatory and I'm sure they would want to get that done prior to Christmas holiday. Fingers crossed and make sure to post any and every bit of information received.

Comment

• Yeah we should work out together since there is no pt at the academy...
                    Wish IDOC was a commuter academy.

Comment

• Idoc

Originally posted by topflight View Post
                      Yeah we should work out together since there is no pt at the academy...
                      Wish IDOC was a commuter academy.
                      Me too. You work nights?

Also anyone have insight on numbers for the next academy or how many from the locations are in academy now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                        Me too. You work nights?

Also anyone have insight on numbers for the next academy or how many from the locations are in academy now?
                        Yeah, you do too? All of my posts always seem to be around 3:00 am..lol

From what I've read there's around 100? Per class. I'm not sure if the two academies mentioned before are going to be ran together? If so, up to two hundred ppl my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                          Yeah, you do too? All of my posts always seem to be around 3:00 am..lol

From what I've read there's around 100? Per class. I'm not sure if the two academies mentioned before are going to be ran together? If so, up to two hundred ppl my guess.
                          Haha yeah. I figure if I get a call I'll be asleep and they'll think I'm a bum in bed at 1pm during the week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                            Haha yeah. I figure if I get a call I'll be asleep and they'll think I'm a bum in bed at 1pm during the week!
                            Lol I'm the same way, take a nap in the morning then have to stay up till about 5-6 pm everyday. I'm sleeping next to my phone now just bc of this. I could care less about my phone before but now it's always charged lol

Comment

• So who else can't wait to put in their two week notice? Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
                                Does anybody know how the housing works at Concordia? Will we be assigned randomly or bunk with guys from our respective facilities?
                                Bunks are assigned usually by alphabetical order. That is also how you will get your roster number...

I used to work security at the academy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9205 users online. 469 members and 8736 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X