Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if they would have an academy with that many for stateville, and is there a wait to transfer in there that would take up some of the spots?

Comment

• I hate to bring politics into the discussion, but one of Rauner's big criticisms about the state budget was the 60 million in overtime paid out by the IDOC. He couldn't understand why more officers weren't being hired to bring down the overtime. That may bode well for those of us waiting for the call as he takes office!

Comment

• @Eiba ok thanks. So how does the lottery number system work that we get in the academy? I have a 7 out of 126 cadets in our current class and the lowest number out of the 10 that are going to stateville

Comment

• Originally posted by BTP2014 View Post
          I hate to bring politics into the discussion, but one of Rauner's big criticisms about the state budget was the 60 million in overtime paid out by the IDOC. He couldn't understand why more officers weren't being hired to bring down the overtime. That may bode well for those of us waiting for the call as he takes office!
          It may bode well for us waiting,but that kind of rhetoric is always thrown around. I think when they ultimately look at it, it is cheaper than hiring/new salaries with benefits, but I'm not a politician..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
            @Eiba ok thanks. So how does the lottery number system work that we get in the academy? I have a 7 out of 126 cadets in our current class and the lowest number out of the 10 that are going to stateville
            Damn. I gotta find out a place where I'll be on the top of their list and change to that location! Any ideas that hire more than a few and have lower scores?

Comment

• ^we all need that information brother.

Comment

• I'll live in the sticks a few years for a shot

Comment

• It seems as the farther south you go into illinois the lower score needed to get hired. Not saying anyone in them is less intelligent or less qualified than anyone else. There's also a significant number of people in our class that have high ranking family members in the prisons in southern illinois. From what I understand you need a score in the 70s or above for stateville being that it is the most competitive one to get into having over 400 people currently on their eligibility list.

Comment

• Best thing to do for everyone in the idoc process is to remain patient. I waited exactly a year from my test date to be called for the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                      It may bode well for us waiting,but that kind of rhetoric is always thrown around. I think when they ultimately look at it, it is cheaper than hiring/new salaries with benefits, but I'm not a politician..lol
                      Good point. I think I still choose to reject your reality and substitute my own. In mine we all get hired and pass around the fun work story of the day. Excitedly answering the phone hoping for that offer only to find out that its my grandma calling is wearing on me...

Comment

• Does menard or Pontiac send quite a few thru?

Comment

• I believe so yes. I know when we stop at Pontiac on the way down to springfield about a good 12 people get on the bus

Comment

• Yes, I have Menard on my list. I know Pontiac hires A lot too. Menard, Stateville and Pontiac are the three highest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner84 View Post
                              Yes, I have Menard on my list. I know Pontiac hires A lot too. Menard, Stateville and Pontiac are the three highest.
                              Do you have 1. Stateville and 2. Menard or Vice versa

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                                Do you have 1. Stateville and 2. Menard or Vice versa
                                Stateville and then Menard. What about you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7582 users online. 358 members and 7224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X