Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^haha I get mixed feelings about checking new posts myself. I wonder if there's new info or someone asking for new info..lol

We should hear something in about two weeks if there is a class late December.

Comment

• how large is the course for the agility test? 30 seconds isnt a long time to run around some cones and do burpees...

the step test, does it matter how fast or slow you go or do they measure your HR to be 96 bpm?

for the lift and carry, is it awkward to carry the box or does it have some sort of handle?
      Last edited by cpd2010*; 11-14-2014, 10:55 AM.
      Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Idoc

1/4 of basketball court

The bpm is a metronome like musical beats. You follow clicks on a tape up down up down.

Box carry is easy.

It's absolute nothing to worry about.
        Last edited by Bman4130; 11-14-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
          1/4 of basketball court

The bpm is a metronome like musical beats. You follow clicks on a tape up down up down.

Box carry is easy.

It's absolute nothing to worry about.
          thanks a lot. im so used to a power test and guess i dont know what to expect...
          Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
            I get so excited when a new post is in here like "sweet it's some info about IDOC mass hiring and we all have jobs" then it's just Magnus.

[emoji106][emoji16]
            Lmao... I just try to keep the page moving along. It grinds my gears when I check 2,3,4 times and there's radio silence. We can sit around and talk about Derrick Rose, Cutler, the Chicago PD /Fire/SVU crossover...anything ; I just hate silence... The unfortunate truth is some of us may be waiting for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
              thanks a lot. im so used to a power test and guess i dont know what to expect...
              If you've passed POWER don't even got this a second thought.

Comment

• Just got back from second week of academy. Did control tactics and got pepper sprayed. OC definitely sucks

Comment

• ^coooool sounds fun!!! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                    ^coooool sounds fun!!! Lol
                    I think you and I have different definitions of cool...lol... I've been hit with OC in training before , there's nothing cool about it... but necessary I suppose.

Comment

• I feel the exact same way about checking this site. I view about four times a day. I'm guilty of not posting when it's silent, but I will at least try to write something daily. Still waiting on call, getting antsy now lol. I heard from one of my battle buddies (illinois national guard soldier) who works at Pontiac that the next academy is early January.

Comment

• Next academy in January sounds about right. I'm almost positive we are the last class to go through for the rest of the year.

Comment

• If what I hear is true. At the very least, 30 day shift spots just opened up at Stateville due to officers moving to parol.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• @Eiba what does that mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                              @Eiba what does that mean?
                              That means they just promoted c/o's to parole agents, and will now need to backfill the vacated c/o spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                                That means they just promoted c/o's to parole agents, and will now need to backfill the vacated c/o spots.
                                Exactly, like a huge ladder. Usually, at the top of the ladder you have people with time and rank, usually day shift officers. In the middle of the ladder you have semi senior officer, usually night shift officers. At the bottom you have rooks, usually on afternoons. People at the top leave, everyone else takes a step up. Thus, creating room at the bottom for you. Understood?
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 277 members and 4504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X