Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=NissanGTR2012;3061527]Sheriffs Police? Good luck with that. The paycheck is decent but you gotta deal with a lot of bs from these mouthy inmates. You just wanna smack em upside the head with your flashlight everytime you're doing your count. You will not gain LE experience at County either. You just sit there, bored out of your f&cking mind. Then you got these commanders running around trying to jam up officers for the stupidest ****, like having a 5 o'clock shadow. I'm like really? I come to work on time everyday and show up and I get a bs write up for that? You have got to be kidding me. Grieve that shiat lol.[

May they fire you for certain amount of write ups?

Comment

Originally posted by NissanGTR2012
      Same thing with Cook County Sheriff, so I hope you're not testing there.
      True enough you babysit, but you are sworn and that counts.

Comment

[QUOTE=NissanGTR2012;3061982]
        Originally posted by Americoza View Post

Most of the write ups don't stick unless it's for something major. Some of the higher ups think they can get promoted by stepping on all the officers in the process. Just grieve it and you will have that write up disappear. There is so much bs at the county, you have no idea. You got SGT's and Officers coming in late all the time but they kiss *** to administration so they don't get written up for that. Plus they don't care about your safety. Look at most of the divisions here. When you feed them you let out half or the full deck. Mind you that's up to 40 inmates out roaming around freely. On top of feeding them they want us to collect the trays and milk cartons so they can't cook with it. Now I'm not gonna sit there and argue with 40 inmates to hand over a tray. My safety is a helluva more important then some stupid tray. 48k is not worth getting stomped and kicked by 40 of those thugs.
        Go to one, it's better there they get thier food in the day room and you don't have to deal with it. They should have built all the divisions like one better control well except for when they got rec and you out there with 300 detainees and 6 officers and a sgt..oh well.

Comment

Anyone heard anything about Dwight prison closing down and if it is where are most of the COs going to go? I know pontiac is the closest but sheridan and statesville are also pretty close.

Comment

dont really know

Comment

Can't you start off in Courts at Cook County though? I'd much rather do that than the jail.

Comment

Anyone thats worked for IDOC or know someone who did know anything about shank proof vests, if we can wear them if we buy them ourselves and where can I get one? First week of academy down. Not too difficult besides eating the food!

Comment

Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                  Anyone thats worked for IDOC or know someone who did know anything about shank proof vests, if we can wear them if we buy them ourselves and where can I get one? First week of academy down. Not too difficult besides eating the food!
                  how long is the academy? you plan on staying?

Comment

Yea I plan on staying. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I'm happy to have something right now. I'm going to keep trying for fire and police tho. There are a lot of good ways to move up and have a good career with Idoc if you want a steady good paying job

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                      i almost went to the physical tests for IDOC then i realized it was nothing more than babysitting. id rather keep testing for police jobs.
                      I heard that. You've heard the saying don't knock it till you try it.....well some people don't wanna try it and won't have to knock it lol (that is a job at idoc)

Comment

Originally posted by BigT50 View Post
                        Yes the answer is, there is no such thing as a "shank proof vest"

Comment

Wow I marvel at people who actually get aggrivated on online forums... If you get ****ed off on what someone wrote on a online forum, you need to..... harden the [email protected]@uK up also learn to chill out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
                          Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

Just got the call from Stateville, declined but just wanted to let anyone who was waiting know that calls are going out. Didn't ask for the start dates or anything, good luck.
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

What's your score Marine?

Comment

Suppose to be an academy starting at the end of this month. Logan C.C. is gonna have 40 in it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10197 users online. 461 members and 9736 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X