300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
    From my experience, and my years of trolling this thread before I became active, if it's not cpd it doesn't matter... I'm surprised this page has made it to page 30, almost! I currently have apps out with BOP, Mishawaka (Indiana) , Federal Reserve and DC Capitol... all the info in threads that mention those are lack luster and out dated.

On a side note does anyone know of any IL Reserve / Auxiliary units that don't require a village / suburban residency? I'm really interested in a program, but have 0 interest in leaving Chicago.

I have an app out with bop.

I emailed chicago mcc, terre haute and Pekin.

Pekin is pulling a referral/interview list this week. Chicago should be too. Terre haute didn't respond yet but they hire all the time

All the CA prisons will hire and do almost non stop. Just got an email from Atwater to change them to my number one choice.

I used the prison guard forums for bop stuff, they are a lot more active

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
      Yeah, I'd agree this will probably be the last class of the year, but truthfully it may not be... according to information received on this forum the class for November wasn't supposed to happen... so you never know.

Logically though, yes it's not likely to see another course as 6 weeks after the third would be the 15th of December which seems too close to the holidays (that happen to fall on a weekday) .
      I do seem to remember some of the training staff from the academy bringing out a few of the guys going through to load up there K-9 chow in late December one time. I work at a farm store and they buy a lot of the supplies for the academy from us.

Comment

• Well anything can happen in this crazy crazy process! I don't doubt it there could be a December class, just doesn't seem logical, but then again neither did not one but 2 people with lower scores than me getting academy calls.... so I digress...lol.

Comment

• I feel ya, and this process seems do defy logic. Tested 2 years ago took ten weeks to get scores and my background wasn't completed until a month before I was up to retest. Then this time around scores were back in 6 weeks and my BI is going through now... Hey all you guys in the November class try and get a head count for us from different facilities. I've got Logan county and Graham as 1 and 2, just wondering if they are putting any through.

Comment

• so I just received a letter with a test date and a 10 hour agility exam? Can anyone shed light on what I just read?!
            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
              so I just received a letter with a test date and a 10 hour agility exam? Can anyone shed light on what I just read?!
              Go back til' the page on 26JUN14, I explained the full process in great detail (I'd read this entire thread we talk about it quite often) ... in a nutshell:

Arrive wait until they open doors, have them yell at you a bit too ensure you have your ID/DL AND a photo copy of your ID/DL

Check in with copy of ID

Check in again to go over all your paperwork (transcripts, diplomas, selective service #, etc)

Sit around until everyone is checked in

Start working on the application, or wait until everyone finishes if you do it ahead of time like they recommend. They will answer all app related questions

Take three written test (one big graded immediately, one small on what if type questions, and one really small based on a video you'll watch)

Pee and line up for PT... try and be at the beginning of the line so you aren't there for 10 hours.

Do PT... fairly easy, don't sweat it.

Sit around some more and wait for "interview "

Do interview which is a joke, and go over paperwork again

Sit around again while they go over your paperwork one last time

They call your name and give you further information sheet and tell you, you can go.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
                so I just received a letter with a test date and a 10 hour agility exam? Can anyone shed light on what I just read?!
                Be the first guy in line and try to sit up front, pay attention to the who, what, when, and where on the video.

Magnus they have you guys pee? I tested in SPFLD and we did no wiz test.
                Last edited by btp65; 10-30-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by btp65 View Post
                  Magnus they have you guys pee? I tested in SPFLD and we did no wiz test.
                  By "pee" I meant take a bathroom break, not a drug test.

Comment

• I don't know..some ppl think the interview is a joke, but it could play a part in how your number is pulled. That little check mark next to your name could make the difference.

Anyway, 30 pages on IDOC..look what you guys have done. lol Everyone is testing for IDOC now.lol

Comment

• I am looking at the obstacle course. very odd. im used to a straight power exam....

Comment

• ^ It's a piece of cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                          ^ It's a piece of cake.
                          doesnt seem hard. i train so Im sure I have it. Just not sure what to expect.

Comment

• The course is half a basketball court. You start off In the laid down position and have to scramble to your feet. You then run straight ahead to first point where you do a jump squat. Then you run to two-three points like that where you have to do a jump squat. Then you have to zig zag through some comes and touch some red lines on the floor. If you miss one of those red lines you have to start over with the same time remaining. So that and the fact that some people try to jog through it is the only thing that could fail you. You have to hustle for 30 seconds or so not bad. You catch yourself jogging until they tell you to run and you wake up..lol

Comment

• It's insanely small. The corners were tough. I got thrown off by the steps, mainly mental with worrying about falling off count.

Comment

• Off topic anyone who's already hired taken the training : Train the Trainer and Chemical Agents Instructor. If so what are those course like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8452 users online. 412 members and 8040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X