300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
    So looks, like radio silence today as for calls... it may be over. I'm rather ****ed, but not as ****ed as Runner should be...

Random sidebar, I wonder if anyone from IDOC Central Screening Office or HR reads this or other forums, it's possible I suppose... I kinda hope so actually.

Yes, 6 months, could be longer.. is this your first Law Enforcement app!? If so welcome to the world of 'Hurry up and wait," sitting around on your *** for a process that in your mind could be completed in 30 seconds... No law enforcement application process us quick fast and in a hurry. The fastest I've ever heard was 4 months for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, but I think that's because they're mass hiring right now nationwide.
    This my 3rd application.
    I'm currently process CPD,cook county sheriff corrections.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
      One person didn't show up today for the orientation and they said they were going to call another person to try to get them in for the class on the 3rd.

As for the wait time on the test it probably just depends on when the next test is and how many people sign up. My first time signing up i didn't even remember that I signed up once I got the test date so it took a while but I signed up again in august and got a test date in 2 months.

That sucks missing orientation for that person. He/she miss great chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
        One person didn't show up today for the orientation and they said they were going to call another person to try to get them in for the class on the 3rd.

As for the wait time on the test it probably just depends on when the next test is and how many people sign up. My first time signing up i didn't even remember that I signed up once I got the test date so it took a while but I signed up again in august and got a test date in 2 months.
        Are you going to Stateville?

Comment

• It was at the stateville prison and yes I am going to stateville

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
            Was the orientation in Springfield or st Charles?

Do you need to buy any equipment?
            It will be at the facility you hire on at. That particular day you will not need anything however they will give you a list of items you will need to purchase for the academy (no gear). The most expensive item you will have to buy will be your boots. Prior to completing the academy I would suggest you get your duty belt, 6 or more keepers, 4 large key clips, 2 cuff holders (or straps) and a radio holder. Additional things you will need will be a durable cheap watch (some guys wear fancy watches to work and I have seen just as many break and end up on an inmates wrist), good sunglasses, winter stuff, gloves, a cap, a hat and a wallet.

I've never been a fan of bringing my ID, social etc inside the joint so I had a second wallet with my ID's, second badge and a few bucks for the vending machine. Some guys have flat badges made for their wallets because sitting on a round uniform badge is rather uncomfortable and can lead to hip and a** problems.
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
              So looks, like radio silence today as for calls... it may be over. I'm rather ****ed, but not as ****ed as Runner should be...

Random sidebar, I wonder if anyone from IDOC Central Screening Office or HR reads this or other forums, it's possible I suppose... I kinda hope so actually.
              You give them much more credit than they deserve............. I'm sure they have members here however they aren't using the information to improve the system.

Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
              Yes, 6 months, could be longer.. is this your first Law Enforcement app!? If so welcome to the world of 'Hurry up and wait," sitting around on your *** for a process that in your mind could be completed in 30 seconds... No law enforcement application process us quick fast and in a hurry. The fastest I've ever heard was 4 months for the Federal Bureau of Prisons, but I think that's because they're mass hiring right now nationwide.
              Don't believe the hype. That person got lucky and happened to apply at the right time to the right place. Our hiring process is also different than most places because we don't initiate the background check until after you've been hired. I was working for 6-7 months before my background cleared while a guy I started with in 2010 has yet to receive his clearance letter. I will say this though: when I first applied to the BOP my application expired. I reapplied to a different facility and was on the job within 4 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                You give them much more credit than they deserve............. I'm sure they have members here however they aren't using the information to improve the system.

Do you currently work for bop? If so can I pm you with some questions?

Don't believe the hype. That person got lucky and happened to apply at the right time to the right place. Our hiring process is also different than most places because we don't initiate the background check until after you've been hired. I was working for 6-7 months before my background cleared while a guy I started with in 2010 has yet to receive his clearance letter. I will say this though: when I first applied to the BOP my application expired. I reapplied to a different facility and was on the job within 4 months.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

• Yes and I don't mind at all.

Comment

• Anyone else get an academy call?

Did anyone test in September and get results?

Comment

Anyone else get an academy call?
                      It's over... gotta wait till (fingers crossed) January. Once it was posted that the orientation was Monday, the hopes subsided...

Comment

• I guess an employee told another forum
                        Member the next academy would be after the holidays, at least for people who tested end of September

Comment

I guess an employee told another forum
                          Member the next academy would be after the holidays, at least for people who tested end of September
                          Yeah, I'd agree this will probably be the last class of the year, but truthfully it may not be... according to information received on this forum the class for November wasn't supposed to happen... so you never know.

Logically though, yes it's not likely to see another course as 6 weeks after the third would be the 15th of December which seems too close to the holidays (that happen to fall on a weekday) .
                          Last edited by Magnus_C; 10-23-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• ...so what do we talk about til January -ish!!??

Comment

• Wisconsin doc! Their thread sucks and it's a good opportunity. You apply and test for the upcoming academy. Next one is March.

Comment

Wisconsin doc! Their thread sucks and it's a good opportunity. You apply and test for the upcoming academy. Next one is March.
                                From my experience, and my years of trolling this thread before I became active, if it's not cpd it doesn't matter... I'm surprised this page has made it to page 30, almost! I currently have apps out with BOP, Mishawaka (Indiana) , Federal Reserve and DC Capitol... all the info in threads that mention those are lack luster and out dated.

On a side note does anyone know of any IL Reserve / Auxiliary units that don't require a village / suburban residency? I'm really interested in a program, but have 0 interest in leaving Chicago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11034 users online. 402 members and 10632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X