Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost positive the list has to go by the date you took the test and your score because people have scored higher than me recently and didn't receive a call. I tested in october 2013 and got the call. But then again there was another guy a couple months back who tested in June 2014 I think and he got the call before me? Confusing.

Comment

• If it is by time and score then you would almost always get called towards the end of your year long test score expiration

Comment

• Could also go by who's background gets done first I would guess.

Comment

• Probably because prisons are over crowded people turn down jobs etc... They run at least 120 through the academy time and most of the time all 120 people don't make it through so testing as much as they do is probably a good thing. Hopefully you get answer soon on your situation

Comment

• I would guess they lose more to retirements and normal turnover than they hire each year

Comment

• Idk... I only know what they told me at testing which is if you get a higher score you get put in front of people with lower scores...honestly doing it by score and date would seem too difficult and not as effective...but what do I know!? Trust that I plan on finding out though... of course in a nice way that won't effect my chances of being called next time.
              Last edited by Magnus_C; 10-16-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• If you find out give let us know!

Comment

• Yeah when I called a couple of weeks ago they said they have 400 people on the list for Stateville alone. A little disheartening but then she said I had a good score for Stateville, so I'm just going to wait before going statewide.

400 people seems like enough for one institution throughout the year when they put about 5 people for one place through the academy at once. Just seems like a waste of money and resources.

Magnus if you hear something let us know.

Comment

• Stateville and Pontiac usually have larger classes of cadets so it's a good chance you'd be called. When I went through the academy I believe there were at least 20 for those two institutions alone

Comment

• Miss me, I'm waiting like always lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                        Stateville and Pontiac usually have larger classes of cadets so it's a good chance you'd be called. When I went through the academy I believe there were at least 20 for those two institutions alone
                        I'd assume so,only reason I'm kinda anxious because I'm a professional in a Director position at my firm, if I get the call say next week that doesn't allow me enough time to provide my employer with two weeks and assist in the transition... Don't get me wrong I'd leave them with two minutes notice for this job, but I hate burning bridges ya know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                          I'd assume so,only reason I'm kinda anxious because I'm a professional in a Director position at my firm, if I get the call say next week that doesn't allow me enough time to provide my employer with two weeks and assist in the transition... Don't get me wrong I'd leave them with two minutes notice for this job, but I hate burning bridges ya know?
                          Did you figure out the process?

Comment

• When I got the call I didn't have two weeks either but I did speak with my supervisors expressing my deep regret and short notice. I also explained how good of an opportunity this is and I can't pass it up. Since I was a good employee I was given the option to return if I didn't make it through the academy.

Comment

• I got a call yesterday although I accepted a position with CPD. For reference I got a 68 and tested Oct 2013

Comment

• Dmcm, you applied to Stateville? I should be next then unless I get passed over.

Magnus did you make that call? I'll probably make the call if I don't hear anything soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7158 users online. 305 members and 6853 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X