Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied seven months ago and still haven't received a test date. How long does it usually take?
    Last edited by offduty73; 09-19-2014, 12:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by offduty73 View Post
      I applied seven months ago and still haven't received a test date. How long does it usually take?
      Approximately 6 months, but of course that's give or take some time. With the holiday season coming up quicker than we care to think they may slow down on testing a bit... I of course don't really know that, just spewing out thoughts as they come to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
        Some guys in my academy class were asked to remove their shirts and pants because of tattoos.
        Like he said!

They will have you list your tats during the interview process and if hired they will ask to see them generally as soon as you get off the bus at the academy. They will ask for everyone with tats to step to the male or female restroom and look over them. If you have a simple piece (as I did) you will be told to go back to the gym. The more complex pieces will be photographed. If they have any questions regarding your tats they will make every effort to discuss them with you in private.
        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
        Me: you really want an answer to that
        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
          Approximately 6 months, but of course that's give or take some time. With the holiday season coming up quicker than we care to think they may slow down on testing a bit... I of course don't really know that, just spewing out thoughts as they come to me.
          It's generally every couple of months (never seen it past 6) unless there were budget issues or a hiring freeze however it's up to CMS not the IDOC.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• I'll be in St Charles this Wednesday. Hope it is easy and quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by offduty73 View Post
              I applied seven months ago and still haven't received a test date. How long does it usually take?
              My score from last year October expires next month. I reapplied about a month and a half ago and received a test date for this October 8th

Comment

• Is the testing in a secure facility where you are searched and cannot bring phones in?

I read the mail from them over a few times, have all my paperwork together and see nothing about cell phones during the testing process.

Thanks

Comment

• Your not searched but don't bring a cell phone in. They said if you bring one and are cought the state police would be contacted. Im sure its just a scare tactic, however it is illegal to bring a cell phone in a correctional facility. Either way i wouldn't do it.

Comment

• When does your score expire, plan on testing again or just waitng on CCDOC or lake?

Comment

• Expires a year from the date you took your last test so for me I think October 13th my score expires. I reapplied again a month and a half ago and received a new test date for the 8th of October. I will test and I'm sure I'll get a higher score this time considering I have an extra year of security experience and more college credits but in addition to lake and ccdoc I'm in the process for cpd and department of Homeland Security so whichever comes up first I will probably take.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                        Expires a year from the date you took your last test so for me I think October 13th my score expires.
                        The letter that you receive at the end of the test with instructions on how to contact them should you want to change anything reads that your score expires after a year at the end of the month you took the test.

Comment

• Oh ok i guess they changed it from the last time I took the test

Comment

• Got out quick today. First group. 75 people showed up. 53 people after first test. I only saw a few fail the physical.

They have an option for a statewide list now to be put in any place that has an opening also they said that if employers don't respond to the letters it doesn't matter because most don't.

No idea how I scores but the testing was easier than I had planned for.
                            Last edited by Bman4130; 09-24-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Oh wow a statewide list that definately helps to try to get hired faster although a institution that selects you could be hours away. I wonder if I call HR they can put my score on a statewide list before it expires next month lol

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
                                Oh wow a statewide list that definately helps to try to get hired faster although a institution that selects you could be hours away. I wonder if I call HR they can put my score on a statewide list before it expires next month lol
                                You fax them and they can add you to it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12139 users online. 451 members and 11688 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X