300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
    Some guys in my academy class were asked to remove their shirts and pants because of tattoos.
    I was in the last academy class and they also had to physically see all of our tattoos when we arrived. They know what they are looking for and do very quick glances so it isn't a big deal, but they will want to see them at the academy.

They might ask you what some of them mean but it's really not a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Payne View Post
      They have a class starting in a week or so and calls are already going out for the following class which will likely be after the new year due to the holidays. Stateville has reached into the 71 score range at this point and from what I hear, about 7 people had 71 as a score but not all of them will make the cut for the next class.
      Well I hope this is actually the case, because I have a score of 71, and Stateville is my 1st choice. Almost, seems to good to be true, so I'll act like I didn't read that in an effort to not put too much hope on it

Comment

• On the sheet for the testing it says to "have all complete addresses of previous employers."

If I have my CMS100 and applicant data sheet completely and correctly filled out in advance, will I need another sheet with addresses on it, or are they just saying to bring it for people that don't come prepared?

It says to bring both cms100 and applicant data sheet filled out, if you don't have it done you shouldn't be testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
          On the sheet for the testing it says to "have all complete addresses of previous employers."

If I have my CMS100 and applicant data sheet completely and correctly filled out in advance, will I need another sheet with addresses on it, or are they just saying to bring it for people that don't come prepared?

It says to bring both cms100 and applicant data sheet filled out, if you don't have it done you shouldn't be testing.
          You only need to have that filled out. Remember your zip codes, there may not be a place to put them on the sheet, but try to fill it in the address line. They make a big deal about that.

Comment

On the sheet for the testing it says to "have all complete addresses of previous employers."

I believe it says it's recommended to fill out the paperwork in advance, I do agree though that it's better... an extra 2 hours was dedicated to us who were prepared waiting on those who were not to do the paperwork.

To answer your question I brought a separate paper with all of my employment addresses in it, but they never asked for it or any of the information actually... one of the CO's said to include zip on the app, but if you couldn't remember it, it was okay they would Google it. Turns out they did because I didn't but zip on any of mine (had it on the separate sheet they never asked for) , yet they had the information on envelope ready to be mailed out during the interview... Google is amazing. Put it down if you can fit it, it makes it easy for them and will probably make the process shorter if only by a minute.

Comment

• Did anyone ever get an answer on what happens if a prior employer doesn't answer the letter they send out?

Comment

• Couldn't you file a major law suit if that happens? I would assume you could. Like you were saying, that's someone's way to earn a living which was stolen from him by the department officially giving him an offer of employment, letting him quit his job and purchase the training gear out of his own pocket. Does this really still happen with CCSD?

Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                Was three years ago for him, and five years ago for me... think we've missed the next class. As for me, I hate there was no explanation, but I'll accept that reasoning, when it comes to my buddies there is nothing I'd accept for uprooting my life, having me quit my job, pay $6000+ in uniform costs, and tell me day of it was for nothing with no explanation!! In surprised the poor guy didn't go to 26th street and go postal, that's someone's livelihood temporarily, if not permanently turned; that was when the economy was down and jobs were even more scarce than they are now, who's to say he would have been able to find a new one?
                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Did anyone ever get an answer on what happens if a prior employer doesn't answer the letter they send out?
                  Was told by HR that there are other methods of verifying employment but their not gonna send out the letters or even start your background check unless your selected off the list to get hired first.

Comment

• That makes sense. Thank you.

Is the obstacle course in a basketball court, how is the step test? Sounds simple

Comment

That makes sense. Thank you.

Is the obstacle course in a basketball court, how is the step test? Sounds simple
                      Very simple! If you've ever done a power test you will blow through this test.
                      Vaya con dios

Comment

• I took mine at St Charles youth center and I believe it was in their recreation area which probably had basketball hoops I don't remember exactly. Step test is easy never heard of anyone failing it

Comment

Did anyone ever get an answer on what happens if a prior employer doesn't answer the letter they send out?
                          Your probably going to have to go back to like page 15 or so... that conversation was a while ago. I almost positive it doesn't disqualify you, but it may hold up the background investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            Couldn't you file a major law suit if that happens? I would assume you could. Like you were saying, that's someone's way to earn a living which was stolen from him by the department officially giving him an offer of employment, letting him quit his job and purchase the training gear out of his own pocket. Does this really still happen with CCSD?
                            I'm sure we could of, but hard to pay for legal fees when you're unemployed...lol...

I'm sure it still happens, I'd like to think it didn't, but less be honest all of these process are political. If anyone tells you otherwise they either are gullible or a god damn lie.

As for the physical yes at St Charles the step test and obstacle were done on the basketball court. The whole test is rather easy, but the step test is probably the most difficult; several people's failed at my test. The obstacle course I think is more mental than anything... they give you the measurements on paper and you freak out, you get there and they keep it covered until it's time to do it... the obstacle course is VERY small, if you've ever run before you can do it with time left.

I've taken the test twice (once with IDOC and once with cook county.. yes CC used to do this instead of power until 2010). What kills people us under estimating the steps test, and you **** around and trip. The second issue is people taking the run too seriously... third is being under prepared for all of the above and knowing it, but wasting everyone's time anyway. If you suck at running, run! If you have weak quads do some squats! And for good sakes wear clothes that you won't have to hold up, and ladies this is not the time to be cute; **** your hair and make up, just run and be pretty later!!

Comment

• I'm fine with power tests so it shouldn't be an issue. Just overthinking a test I've never done haha.

I can't wait to volunteer to go first and try and go quickly.

Comment

I'm fine with power tests so it shouldn't be an issue. Just overthinking a test I've never done haha.

I can't wait to volunteer to go first and try and go quickly.
                                Yes! It'll be the best decision of your life...after the written they'll take a potty break, pee during the written, and get in line while everyone else is in the bathroom. you'll get done almost two hours earlier.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7610 users online. 413 members and 7197 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X