300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
    Any insight on which 2 to pick for best opportunity to be hired, or does that depend on your score completely?
    I think which two to pick depends more on your preferences and if you are looking to be close to home, or willing to relocate. There is no real answer to which one your more likely to get hired at, because it's never known how many each facility will call up... go back and read this thread from start to finish and all of your answers will be there. To give you highlights : Stateville is the most competitive ; Stateville hires the most, but scores are high and the list is long ; southern institutions higer hire people with much lower scores; hiring is done off of need and scoring so you must have a facility that needs the bodies and a score that puts you in a good position on the list.

Comment

• I just got my score back, almost exactly 8 weeks after testing for those wondering how long the process is. Hoping my #1 will be hiring soon. Bman, I've heard Centralia prison should be hiring quite a few if that's feasible for you. That's my #2.

Comment

• Howd you score?

Comment

• 79 hopefully it's good enough

Comment

• Originally posted by justme85 View Post
            79 hopefully it's good enough
            Should be pretty good for Centrallia. My roommate got in there with a 65 in the last academy class.

Comment

• Big muddy is my 1 st choice I think the scores on their list is higher

Comment

• ... so I take the radio silence as no one here got a call for September... shame. If there's no class till the new year, that'll be my 6 months mark, I'll be looking to retest.

Comment

• I just printed the cms, data sheet and got all my paperwork ready for the test date. Hope it goes smooth and quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                    ... so I take the radio silence as no one here got a call for September... shame. If there's no class till the new year, that'll be my 6 months mark, I'll be looking to retest.
                    Heard they wanted a couple more classes by late Fall. Hopefully we get a nice Christmas gift.

Comment

• Anyone with tattoos know if they make you strip down and they examine them all?

Comment

Anyone with tattoos know if they make you strip down and they examine them all?
                        Negative, on the app there is an area to describe them, you have to simply describe each AND write if they're home made ('jailhouse ') or professional.

No stripping..! That probably would have made the 10 hour process a little more interesting though.

Comment

Negative, on the app there is an area to describe them, you have to simply describe each AND write if they're home made ('jailhouse ') or professional.

No stripping..! That probably would have made the 10 hour process a little more interesting though.
                          Some guys in my academy class were asked to remove their shirts and pants because of tattoos.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

I did that app today, the applicant data sheet. It had about 2 lines for tattoos.

I attached a sheet I typed out on my own and have quite a few but none visible when in jeans and a tshirt, also none homemade.

Just wondering how in depth they would go when reading about them and if they want to see them all.

Thanks!

Comment

I did that app today, the applicant data sheet. It had about 2 lines for tattoos.

I attached a sheet I typed out on my own and have quite a few but none visible when in jeans and a tshirt, also none homemade.

Just wondering how in depth they would go when reading about them and if they want to see them all.

Thanks!
                              I can't speak as for what happens once you receive the call, but as for at the test what they want is basic, they seem to be more concerned with professional or homemade then they are with content. I wrote out exactly what I have because I did my app in advanced like asked, but the people who filled out the app on site were told to write like, " cross wit cursive black text ; professional," fairly basic.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                                Heard they wanted a couple more classes by late Fall. Hopefully we get a nice Christmas gift.
                                They have a class starting in a week or so and calls are already going out for the following class which will likely be after the new year due to the holidays. Stateville has reached into the 71 score range at this point and from what I hear, about 7 people had 71 as a score but not all of them will make the cut for the next class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10461 users online. 355 members and 10106 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X