300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Payne View Post
    They were "reassigned" to Pontiac. Cadets from Pontiac advised me that many of them did not actually go through with the transfer and many of them that did, didn't stay long. It was difficult for many of them to uproot their families which is understandable. Pontiac is apparently hiring as we have about 12 cadets from there in the academy right now, which is a large amount compared to majority of the other institutions.
    That's good news!

Comment

• I'm taking the test on the 27th I believe.

anyone else joining me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
        I'm taking the test on the 27th I believe.

anyone else joining me?
        Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by futureblue63 View Post
          Next class starts in September.

To someone who's in, how long from the call, till orientation and orientation to the academy? It seems if they plan on having a class start this month phones should be ringing like yesterday... month is almost half way over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
            To someone who's in, how long from the call, till orientation and orientation to the academy? It seems if they plan on having a class start this month phones should be ringing like yesterday... month is almost half way over.
            Everyone's situation is different. Could be 2 months could be 12 months. Those calls went out a couple of weeks ago for that class.
            Vaya con dios

Comment

• What's better idoc or CCDOC????

Comment

• Originally posted by aliera View Post
                What's better idoc or CCDOC????
                Depends on what you are looking for. They both have their percs and downfalls. Not to **** off any IDOC people but the county CO's tend to get more respect in the LEO community for whatever reason ; not sure if it's the deputy status, the familiarity because they deal with eachother more often, or just personal issues and preferences. The perception is also that county DOC have more transfer and promotional options, but just a little online research will show that to be false... Personally, I like IDOC, you have opportunities to make more due to rampant OT, and primarily because I and friends of mine have been ****ed by the county. I was offered the job and subsequently was removed from the hire list for no given reason... a buddy of mine was offered the job and given an academy date only to be told to not report the day the academy was scheduled to start! He had quit his job and purchased all the training gear. Again no explanation given he was just SOL an unemployed. In my opinion the only plus for county to me is that it is in Chicago.
                Last edited by Magnus_C; 09-11-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                  Those calls went out a couple of weeks ago for that class.
                  So you are saying I shouldn't be too hopeful of landing a spot in the September class?

Comment

Depends on what you are looking for. They both have their percs and downfalls. Not to **** off any IDOC people but the county CO's tend to get more respect in the LEO community for whatever reason ; not sure if it's the deputy status, the familiarity because they deal with eachother more often, or just personal issues and preferences. The perception is also that county DOC have more transfer and promotional options, but just a little online research will show that to be false... Personally, I like IDOC, you have opportunities to make more due to rampant OT, and primarily because I and friends of mine have been ****ed by the county. I was offered the job and subsequently was removed from the hire list for no given reason... a buddy of mine was offered the job and given an academy date only to be told to not report the day the academy was scheduled to start! He had quit his job and purchased all the training gear. Again no explanation given he was just SOL an unemployed. In my opinion the only plus for county to me is that it is in Chicago.

Cook didn't even explain why your buddy didn't get hired-even after accepting him into the Academy??

Comment

• They drop people from the academy after orientation frequently. Then they add them to the next one. Probably just bc the class was full.

Comment

They drop people from the academy after orientation frequently. Then they add them to the next one. Probably just bc the class was full.
                        Was three years ago for him, and five years ago for me... think we've missed the next class. As for me, I hate there was no explanation, but I'll accept that reasoning, when it comes to my buddies there is nothing I'd accept for uprooting my life, having me quit my job, pay $6000+ in uniform costs, and tell me day of it was for nothing with no explanation!! In surprised the poor guy didn't go to 26th street and go postal, that's someone's livelihood temporarily, if not permanently turned; that was when the economy was down and jobs were even more scarce than they are now, who's to say he would have been able to find a new one?

Comment

Was three years ago for him, and five years ago for me... think we've missed the next class. As for me, I hate there was no explanation, but I'll accept that reasoning, when it comes to my buddies there is nothing I'd accept for uprooting my life, having me quit my job, pay $6000+ in uniform costs, and tell me day of it was for nothing with no explanation!! In surprised the poor guy didn't go to 26th street and go postal, that's someone's livelihood temporarily, if not permanently turned; that was when the economy was down and jobs were even more scarce than they are now, who's to say he would have been able to find a new one?
                          Oh wow that's insane. Definitely different from the people that I knew were bumped.

Comment

• When do you pick your two location preferences?

Comment

When do you pick your two location preferences?
                              Test date, there will be a section for it on the app.

Comment

• Any insight on which 2 to pick for best opportunity to be hired, or does that depend on your score completely?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7246 users online. 351 members and 6895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X