Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers are transferring out of Sheridan because of a surplus.
    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
      Officers are transferring out of Sheridan because of a surplus.
      That's just nice, so I should change my number 2?

Comment

• What about Pontiac? It's the next closest to Chicago.

Comment

• All I can say is that omg it's just so crazy how people keep being added and the individuals who have been waiting for months or even years to get hired haven't yet. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and pray to received the call Soon!!!!
          Any input on what's the fasted institution to get hired at????
          I really would love to get this opportunity since I been applying for this position for some eyes now

Comment

• Southern institutions tend to accept applicants with lower scores. I forgot which institution it was but someone in my class was hired with a score below 50.
            Vaya con dios

Comment

Southern institutions tend to accept applicants with lower scores. I forgot which institution it was but someone in my class was hired with a score below 50.
              But I believe you have to live near that institution in order to get in???
              Do you know when the last time they tested and added individuals to the northern institutions

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                But I believe you have to live near that institution in order to get in???
                Not necessarily true... you can pick any institution you want, I'd say it's recommended you pick two close to you, but it isn't required if you are willing to relocate or commute (if feasible).

Comment

• I tested 6 weeks ago. Still waiting for my score. They said 8-10 weeks. Any chance it will come before they calls for the next class? I believe you have to have your score before your added to the list right? My hubby works as co for IDOC, I'm hoping this doesn't slow down the bi and the entire process.

Comment

• Originally posted by justme85 View Post
                    I believe you have to have your score before your added to the list right?
                    Again, not necessarily... if you read the recent entries it seems futureblue got into Decatur before receiving his test scores. I think all of this depends on need, location and score... all three stars need to fall in line together, and there seems to be no way to predict it.

Comment

• As far as people with the same score is concerned, it then goes by who tested first.

Stateville has the highest scores in the academy and everything after that appears to be about the same. Every institution is hiring but it varies on how many they are taking each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Payne View Post
                        As far as people with the same score is concerned, it then goes by who tested first.

Stateville has the highest scores in the academy and everything after that appears to be about the same. Every institution is hiring but it varies on how many they are taking each time.
                        Nope, every institution is short staff and NEED people but they are NOT all hiring.

I hear Menard has been putting a lot of people in the academy. I'd choose Dixon over Sheridan because Dixon might actually hire.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

Nope, every institution is short staff and NEED people but they are NOT all hiring.

I hear Menard has been putting a lot of people in the academy. I'd choose Dixon over Sheridan because Dixon might actually hire.
                          I am in the academy now and EVERY institution has cadets attending currently so yes, they are all hiring.

There are many institutions with only 1 or 2 cadets so I guess that might be a sign that they aren't really doing much hiring but if your score is high enough, you definitely have a shot.

It's a tough call on the IDOC hiring process. We only have 2 cadets from Sheridan. The highest Sheridan score was in the 60s but because those cadets put Sheridan as their #1 choice, they were hired over those who chose Sheridan as #2.

The counter to that is Stateville hired 16 (not all of them are still here) for the academy and Sheridan only hired 2 so you still have the best shot at Stateville or Dixon (not sure how many they have in the academy but it's more than 2).

My advice to everyone is to just hang in there and leave your choices where they are, when it's your time, you'll get the call. As far as re-testing, just wait until 6 months and then submit a new application to retest and update your score.

Comment

Also, Menard only has 1 cadet in the current academy class. I'm not sure about the previous ones or the next one but I heard they hired quite a few during the last class which brought their staffing levels up a bit.

Comment

• I switched from Sheridan to Pontiac when someone on here said CO's are literally transferring out because of a "surplus. " Come to find out with a simple Google search that 150-185 CO's were just transferred to Pontiac from Tamms and Dwight when they closed... probably not the best decision on my part in retrospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                                I switched from Sheridan to Pontiac when someone on here said CO's are literally transferring out because of a "surplus. " Come to find out with a simple Google search that 150-185 CO's were just transferred to Pontiac from Tamms and Dwight when they closed... probably not the best decision on my part in retrospect.
                                They were "reassigned" to Pontiac. Cadets from Pontiac advised me that many of them did not actually go through with the transfer and many of them that did, didn't stay long. It was difficult for many of them to uproot their families which is understandable. Pontiac is apparently hiring as we have about 12 cadets from there in the academy right now, which is a large amount compared to majority of the other institutions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9489 users online. 333 members and 9156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X