Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I checked em out, I guess from your posts it is safe to assume that 54 has no shot xD I thought I did so good too.....

Oh well, i'll reapply and see how it goes with Cook County.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
      Please read my previous posts on this thread.
      Yeah I checked em out, I guess from your posts it is safe to assume that 54 has no shot xD I thought I did so good too.....

Oh well, i'll reapply and see how it goes with Cook County.

Comment

• are they hiring? I seen this thread so I added my name to the list thinking they were but was given this when I finished...

Transmission Successful

Thank you for your interest with the Illinois Department of Corrections. You should receive information within six months on the test scheduling.
        Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd2010* View Post
          are they hiring? I seen this thread so I added my name to the list thinking they were but was given this when I finished...

Transmission Successful

Thank you for your interest with the Illinois Department of Corrections. You should receive information within six months on the test scheduling.
          That's your first step. You will receive a test date in the mail soon.
          Vaya con dios

Comment

• Thanks! Rumor says 54 is an average score, maybe even a high average with 40 being the low. I wouldn't beat myself up too much because it's all rumors... no one really knows what's a good score or not because each facility will have a different level of competition. What facility are you looking at? If Stateville maybe you want to try again, again rumor says it's the most competitive. I'd be weary of retesting though, I've read several times, "your score can only get better, " which us totally false. Even though we've seen it before the scoring for this thing is still a mystery... last thing I'd want to do is go back and say slip up on the interview, which is worth 30 points and based on the opinion of two random C/O's... if you retake it they take the most recent score no matter what.

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
            Good job bro! I was at that test June 26th and I just got my letter too, kinda disappointing honestly I thought I would get way more than 54!!! But from what I hear average score is between 50-60s.

For anyone in IDOC or any experience in the hiring list is a 54 a decent score or am I better off trying again? I talked to 3 other people who got their scores too and they scored in the upper 40s, so I assume only a handful of people got 60-70+??

Comment

• Your score is valid only for 12 months from the date of testing, if you are not hired within a year you have to start all over again.

Comment

• Just an FYI, there will be one more class this year. It will start in October likely. Rumor has it that it should be about 140 cadets or so. Good Luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                  Thanks! Rumor says 54 is an average score, maybe even a high average with 40 being the low. I wouldn't beat myself up too much because it's all rumors... no one really knows what's a good score or not because each facility will have a different level of competition. What facility are you looking at? If Stateville maybe you want to try again, again rumor says it's the most competitive. I'd be weary of retesting though, I've read several times, "your score can only get better, " which us totally false. Even though we've seen it before the scoring for this thing is still a mystery... last thing I'd want to do is go back and say slip up on the interview, which is worth 30 points and based on the opinion of two random C/O's... if you retake it they take the most recent score no matter what.
                  I have spoken with cadets from all over and the average score seems to be 65. The Northen institutions are more competitive with the average score being 75.

Hope this helps....
                  Last edited by Payne ; 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Any news out there for us waiting for that important phone call!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                      Any news out there for us waiting for that important phone call!!!!!!!
                      No buddyyy, I think September-October at the latest for the next academy. If not till next year.

Comment

• Stateville has 18 going into the academy soon. I believe in a couple of weeks.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                          Stateville has 18 going into the academy soon. I believe in a couple of weeks.
                          Seems kind of odd isn't 18 a pretty low number compared to the 140 rumored to be going for the next academy?

Comment

• 18 for stateville. 140 total statewide.
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

• Next class starts in September. 54 is an average score which is what I got. The day I graduated the academy is the same day I received my score in the mail.

Comment

• I hear September is the next class as well

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11044 users online. 447 members and 10597 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X