Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=1987RoboCop;3497812]According to the flyer we received once we completed the testing, the current starting salary for a Correctional Trainee is $45,600. It goes up to $49,224 after you complete the probationary period. I was referring to overtime to make six figures, you just have to put the time and work in overtime.[/QUOT

I don't want to brake your expactation but I did go on IDOC site and researched the current start salary and what they pay after probationary period since it was hard to believe they pay the salaries you posted above. Decreased 1k as the starting salary in comparison to 2012 and increased 2k after probation period.I don't know what was on the flyers they passed but here is an official IDOC link with current and updated salaries.
    https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/about...s_At_IDOC.aspx
    Last edited by Americoza; 07-25-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Americoza;3500327]
      Originally posted by 1987RoboCop View Post
      According to the flyer we received once we completed the testing, the current starting salary for a Correctional Trainee is $45,600. It goes up to $49,224 after you complete the probationary period. I was referring to overtime to make six figures, you just have to put the time and work in overtime.[/QUOT

I don't want to brake your expactation but I did go on IDOC site and researched the current start salary and what they pay after probationary period since it was hard to believe they pay the salaries you posted above. Decreased 1k as the starting salary in comparison to 2012 and increased 2k after probation period.I don't know what was on the flyers they passed but here is an official IDOC link with current and updated salaries.
      https://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/about...s_At_IDOC.aspx
      I saw that on the website too so I was kind of confused. I am sure I am not the only one that kept the papers they gave us after our interview. It does say $49,224 after the probationary period on the papers they gave us, you can ask anyone that took the test this yr in recent months. PM me if you like, I can even send you a pic of it.

Either way, its still a good job and I would accept it with gratitude. I am in the process with Cook County as well but both are good jobs and I will accept the 1st dept that calls me. I already made up my mind that I will stay at whichever dept calls me 1st.
      Last edited by 1987RoboCop; 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Hey if anyone has knowledge on the department and drug testing pm me immediately have a serious question for a friend

Comment

• [QUOTE=1987RoboCop;3500347][QUOTE=Americoza;3500327]

I saw that on the website too so I was kind of confused. I am sure I am not the only one that kept the papers they gave us after our interview. It does say $49,224 after the probationary period on the papers they gave us, you can ask anyone that took the test this yr in recent months. PM me if you like, I can even send you a pic of it.

Either way, its still a good job and I would accept it with gratitude. I am in the process with Cook County as well but both are good jobs and I will accept the 1st dept that calls me. I already made up my mind that I will stay at whichever dept calls me 1st.[/QUOTE

That would be great if they pay those salaries now, good for you guys. Hope you get your call, good luck!

Comment

• It is correct. When I think it went to 45k after the probation period I think that's how it went. But since afscme won the battle of raises a couple summers back, raises have been reinstated and the state also kept its word by issuing our back pay. I believe now it's 41k starring out... Either way it's good hope you all hear something soon

Comment

• [QUOTE=Americoza;3500608][QUOTE=1987RoboCop;3500347]
              Originally posted by Americoza View Post

Either way, its still a good job and I would accept it with gratitude. I am in the process with Cook County as well but both are good jobs and I will accept the 1st dept that calls me. I already made up my mind that I will stay at whichever dept calls me 1st.[/QUOTE

That would be great if they pay those salaries now, good for you guys. Hope you get your call, good luck!
              Thank you for the kind words =)

Comment

• Any news out there for us waiting for the call????

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                  Any news out there for us waiting for the call????
                  Nothing yet, as with all LE jobs I am waiting patiently for a call.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                    Let me have my glimmer of hope Seriously though it is getting competitive but just because people are simply looking for a paycheck. All these people don't know what they are getting into..that is why the turnaround is high.
                    No one has any idea what they are getting into unless they have already done the job.
                    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                      Any news out there for us waiting for the call????
                      You will be waiting awhile. The earliest I see the next class going through is either October or January. With a class that just finished and one starting in August, I'd say January.

Comment

• Update: just got letter of test results today so the people who took a test 26JUN14, and most likely the 25th and 27th as well have just been added to lists.

I ended up with a 71, was hoping for at least the 80's, but from what I hear 71 is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                          Update: just got letter of test results today so the people who took a test 26JUN14, and most likely the 25th and 27th as well have just been added to lists.

I ended up with a 71, was hoping for at least the 80's, but from what I hear 71 is good.
                          Did you also receive preference points?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1987RoboCop View Post
                            Did you also receive preference points?
                            Unfortunately the letter doesn't give a breakdown, but I should have received points for my education and professional background. If my math is correct though I should have gotten approximately 29 points, give or take.

9 for school = 1 for associates, and 2 for every 15 hours

20 for work = 5 for 3 plus years of experience, and 15 for job stability, supervisory experience, and promotions....
                            Last edited by Magnus_C; 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Good job bro! I was at that test June 26th and I just got my letter too, kinda disappointing honestly I thought I would get way more than 54!!! But from what I hear average score is between 50-60s.

For anyone in IDOC or any experience in the hiring list is a 54 a decent score or am I better off trying again? I talked to 3 other people who got their scores too and they scored in the upper 40s, so I assume only a handful of people got 60-70+??

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                                Good job bro! I was at that test June 26th and I just got my letter too, kinda disappointing honestly I thought I would get way more than 54!!! But from what I hear average score is between 50-60s.

For anyone in IDOC or any experience in the hiring list is a 54 a decent score or am I better off trying again? I talked to 3 other people who got their scores too and they scored in the upper 40s, so I assume only a handful of people got 60-70+??
                                Please read my previous posts on this thread.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6106 users online. 254 members and 5852 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X