Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are going down the list but keep in mind that people get added to the list almost every week.
    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Let me have my glimmer of hope Seriously though it is getting competitive but just because people are simply looking for a paycheck. All these people don't know what they are getting into..that is why the turnaround is high.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
        Let me have my glimmer of hope Seriously though it is getting competitive but just because people are simply looking for a paycheck. All these people don't know what they are getting into..that is why the turnaround is high.
        I agree 100%. Some of these ppl that get hired then quit really irritate me, they just hold up the process for applicants like me and you who really want the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
          Let me have my glimmer of hope Seriously though it is getting competitive but just because people are simply looking for a paycheck. All these people don't know what they are getting into..that is why the turnaround is high.
          This is my theory with all Law Enforcement right now, this is why every other commercial you see these days is of colleges advertising their criminal justice programs. Law Enforcement is a bigger fad right now than beards, being a hipster, skinny jeans, and hockey... I've always wanted to be a cop/ officer of some sort since I was young: two of my uncles were coppers, several of friends father's were cops, sports coaches cops, currently work with 500 cops; it's all I grew up around and ever wanted. Today however, everybody and their mother wants to be in law enforcement. I'm not sure what spiked the sudden interest in the careers, I can only assume it's the allure of what they see, and the fact that it's the only career field guaranteed to be around for ever. Hell, I have at least 10 close friends that were never interested in being in law enforcement, and in the recent years they are enamored with the idea...

Its amazing, and rather upsetting to me, because all of these perpetrators, that shouldn't be anywhere far from a desk, and shuffling papers are making it harder for guys with s passion for this to make it. And when they get there, and get that first taste of TV 'action,' they realize it's not the job for them ultimately effectively wasting their time and mine!

Comment

• Sometimes agencies don't want people who's lives revolve around law enforcement. Sometimes that's bad news. But I agree with you nonetheless.
            Vaya con dios

Comment

• How can they b adding names to the list when they only test every 6 months or so.

Comment

• Chicago, recently they've been testing every couple of weeks. In April they had a couple of tests and in May they did too. At least every month I believe.

Comment

• Darn it!!!!! :-(
                  So that means if you had a 65 to 70 we won't have a shot huh :-(
                  Maybe I should retake the test!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                    How can they b adding names to the list when they only test every 6 months or so.
                    Because they test more than every 6 months... it takes six months or so to process an applicant to be invited to the test, but according to the CO's that ran my test a few weeks ago they do it daily. At least three times a week, and they change up the location. The way I understand it (and it could be bad intel) is the people that run the test, are the people that run the academy, so when there is no academy in progress they test on a semi-regular basis... gotta do something to stay busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                      Sometimes agencies don't want people who's lives revolve around law enforcement. Sometimes that's bad news. But I agree with you nonetheless.
                      Yes, and no to a certain degree.. You don't want a person that's gung-ho, and possibly gun crazy, but you do want somebody that understands, respects, and will value the job and the fraternity. I use the same method when I hire security staff, I don't want big jarheads that think the job is about bouncing people and fighting.

Also, they (Cpd primarily) really aren't interested in guys with criminal justice degrees... the old timers think it's a waste of a degree and useless if you don't make it. I think that perception will change as the new age comes in and the old guard leaves, but yeah. My uncle once told me a degree in basket weaving is more beneficial to a cop then s degree in Criminal justice.. and then I went and got one anyway. Hope I make it or I wasted my money!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago1984 View Post
                        Darn it!!!!! :-(
                        So that means if you had a 65 to 70 we won't have a shot huh :-(
                        Maybe I should retake the test!
                        Not necessarily, I read this thread from bottom to top and previous posters have said that is a good score to be picked up at Stateville.

There was about 96 people that took the test with me and only about 38 made it to the interview. So do not let the numbers discourage you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                          Because they test more than every 6 months... it takes six months or so to process an applicant to be invited to the test, but according to the CO's that ran my test a few weeks ago they do it daily. At least three times a week, and they change up the location. The way I understand it (and it could be bad intel) is the people that run the test, are the people that run the academy, so when there is no academy in progress they test on a semi-regular basis... gotta do something to stay busy.
                          To clarify the people who run the academy are not the ones who run testing. Some are co who are "counselors" to the cadets but the instructors actually work at Concordia and are not in blues. There's an academy class right now and they just held testing last week. Hopefully you guys that's waiting will get a call for the October class. The August class starts in a couple of weeks. A lot of people plan on retiring soon so there is hope for the future

Comment

• Just spoke to human resources and indeed stateville is the most competitive one to get into and that my score was really good and I did well on all the testing but there's over 400 people on the hiring list and the ones getting hired are scoring in the 80s. I'm probably gonna switch my primary to pontiac

Comment

• Accidently did a double post*

Comment

• @ Equalsword

No don't do that. It might be more competitive to get on at stateville but we hire ALOT more than anyone else. We basically have to staff 2 facilities here and soon it's going to be 3.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12553 users online. 443 members and 12110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X