300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Payne View Post
    Thank you, I am very excited. I was also amazed at how quick the whole process was. I tested in May I believe and received my score in June. I know some people at Stateville and they told me not to expect a call for 6 to 8 months but in less than a month, I got the call!
    Maybe the have an undisclosed need.. I was very optimistic going into this as I was sent a letter to come test in April and missed it, and received a new letter in June... it normally takes about 6 months for those letters to go out, I got two in a matter of weeks. Again, total wishful speculation here, but with that and Payne's good fortune things seem as if they may be moving faster than expected.

Sidebar, is anyone here on the 2013 CPD list? If so out of curiosity, hypothetically you get in idoc in say September and called for CPD early next year, what do you do? Do you stay with idoc, or do you make the jump with only months in the dept?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
      Maybe the have an undisclosed need.. I was very optimistic going into this as I was sent a letter to come test in April and missed it, and received a new letter in June... it normally takes about 6 months for those letters to go out, I got two in a matter of weeks. Again, total wishful speculation here, but with that and Payne's good fortune things seem as if they may be moving faster than expected.

Sidebar, is anyone here on the 2013 CPD list? If so out of curiosity, hypothetically you get in idoc in say September and called for CPD early next year, what do you do? Do you stay with idoc, or do you make the jump with only months in the dept?
      All depends on the person if you want to go to patrol or stay in corrections. I would stay at IDOC but that is just me. I would not leave all that overtime availability on the table. You can easily make six figures at IDOC if you put in the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post

That is very strange that you got another testing date a month later. I actually missed my original test date as well and had to wait another 6 months for my next test date!

As far as jumping to another agency, it does depend on the person and their desire for a particular field. Some might want to make a career out if corrections and some might want to do patrol. There are countless pros and cons to both so it's really whatever fits you.

Comment

• Heard on the radio that IDOC spent millions in OT last year, and they are planning on having a class in august and pushing for more late Fall. So hopefully they start moving on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
            Heard on the radio that IDOC spent millions in OT last year, and they are planning on having a class in august and pushing for more late Fall. So hopefully they start moving on that list.
            They spent $60 million last year.

Comment

• I'm surprised that they only spent 80 mil. There is so much ot available.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                I'm surprised that they only spent 80 mil. There is so much ot available.
                I read it in the paper and was shocked. I also like the shift trades that you were referring to. It sounds like a really good gig. =)

Comment

• I found an article about it. http://www.newsdaily.com/united-stat...ises-questions

Comment

• Originally posted by 1987RoboCop View Post
                    All depends on the person if you want to go to patrol or stay in corrections. I would stay at IDOC but that is just me. I would not leave all that overtime availability on the table. You can easily make six figures at IDOC if you put in the time.

Exactly, it all depends what kind of person you are, yes the OT is sweet but you STAY inside the prison all the time and through all your career, the job is boring and every day in corrections is the same day unless somebody's done something stupid,which makes your shift going a bit quicker. I had to find something to do and do something to think because your brains could go to coma from not thinking. Don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the job, I was very happy to get the job when I received the call but the priority was CPD.
                    Now regarding the money, I think you are wrong, simple calculation IDOC starts 42000 increses to 45800 after 3 months and then 2% increases a year according to new contract and If i remember correctly your salary won't jump over 65k a year if you are C/O position.
                    CPD starts 43k, 12 month -61503,18 months- 65000,30months -68382, 42 months- 71748,54months - 75372 all the way top up at 86130, plus bonuses it's around extra 5k, court time and over time. I worked all available OT i could get and my pay check wasn't bigger than I'm getting now not working OT at all.
                    Last edited by Americoza; 07-19-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• I also remember a Sgt. saying some regular officers were making six figures..but if I could make that working the least amount of OT I would go with that option. If I get the call I would probably stick with corrections for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                        Exactly, it all depends what kind of person you are, yes the OT is sweet but you STAY inside the prison all the time and through all your career, the job is boring and every day in corrections is the same day unless somebody's done something stupid,which makes your shift going a bit quicker. I had to find something to do and do something to think because your brains could go to coma from not thinking. Don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the job, I was very happy to get the job when I received the call but the priority was CPD.
                        Now regarding the money, I think you are wrong, simple calculation IDOC starts 42000 increses to 45800 after 3 months and then 2% increases a year according to new contract and If i remember correctly your salary won't jump over 65k a year if you are C/O position.
                        CPD starts 43k, 12 month -61503,18 months- 65000,30months -68382, 42 months- 71748,54months - 75372 all the way top up at 86130, plus bonuses it's around extra 5k, court time and over time. I worked all available OT i could get and my pay check wasn't bigger than I'm getting now not working OT at all.
                        According to the flyer we received once we completed the testing, the current starting salary for a Correctional Trainee is $45,600. It goes up to $49,224 after you complete the probationary period. I was referring to overtime to make six figures, you just have to put the time and work in overtime.
                        Last edited by 1987RoboCop; 07-19-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Payne, are you in the class starting in August or did it start already? Keep us posted buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1987RoboCop View Post
                            According to the flyer we received once we completed the testing, the current starting salary for a Correctional Trainee is $45,600. It goes up to $49,224 after you complete the probationary period. I was referring to overtime to make six figures, you just have to put the time and work in overtime.
                            Oh, my bad. Must increased it due the new contract, when I was hired our starting pay was 42.5k.

Comment

• Next academy is August 4th.

Comment

• Is there going to be another class this year? If so what's the lowest score that someone can get n still get hired for stateville????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13112 users online. 480 members and 12632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X