300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlockNSig View Post
    I submitted my information to IDOC in Aug 2010, and just recently tested in Sept. 2011. I think that is the last test they have coordinated.
    i didn't get it,at my knowledge they haven't been accepting applications starting september 2010 through end of october 2011,or i'm missing something?
    Last edited by Americoza; 12-25-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
      Become the real police.
      There was a point in time when you were willing to be the "fake police" to get your foot in the door....

http://forums.officer.com/showthread...t=#post2017928

Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by goosethebird View Post
        There was a point in time when you were willing to be the "fake police" to get your foot in the door....

http://forums.officer.com/showthread...t=#post2017928

Just saying...
        Like I said, a two year wonder. LOL!

Comment

so busted!LOL

Comment

You guys are funny you turds.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
              You guys are funny you turds.
              Not turds, just some "real police" with some time on the job kid.

Comment

littleguy your a rook, nothing wrong with being a rook, we all were. Difference between us and you is as a rook we kept our mouth shut, eyes opened, and learned a thing or two. I seriously hope if you are, or stay in law enforcement you adjust your attitude. At least your screen name is fitting LOL! Also just so you know I know several federal leo's who have gone to the IDOC as a retirement gig. They routinely make over $80,000 a year with overtime downstate plus federal retirement. In other words for downstate IL they pull in six figures which makes them very wealthy. For them and many more the IDOC is a very smart move as well as those just starting a career.

Comment

Does anyone know if they currently have an academy class or if they are planning on having classes?

Comment

I hear rumors and yes they are RUMORS that IDOC might go private.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

Isn't there a state statute preventing the prison from being privately ran?
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        Isn't there a state statute preventing the prison from being privately ran?
                        Even if there is, statutes can be changed.

Comment

If it were to ran privately what would happen to parole agents? Would they just be like armed security guards that do residence checks or would they have a sworn department for them? I am under the assumption that if it were privately ran it would prevent the CO's from being sworn or anything, correct?
                          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Hey ya'll. Just got the call for the IDOC academy for June 4th. Anyone else going? Anyone know what to expect for the academy in springfield? I know you don't get to carry off duty and some people think it's not the real police, which is fine with me for now, but it's a big step up from what i'm doing now and I feel lucky to get the opportunity. I'm also in the process with cook county and should be getting a call from the BI this month! I'm going to take the opportunity with IDOC cause who knows how long it will take for me to get into county or will i even happen to pass the rest of the process! Anything about the IDOC academy or any other information will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Which prison are you going to? I worked for IDOC and left to go to Cook Co, now I'm with a police department. IDOC academy is boring. The food, which is cooked by inmates, is terrible and the classes are a waste of time. There is virtually no physical activity. They try to run it like a boot camp but that lasted for 2 weeks. Class counselors make or break your time there. Pray that your roommates are cool and don't try to sneak anything in. It's a terrible drive in the prison bus every Monday and Friday.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking how many points did you have? (BigT50)
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10261 users online. 494 members and 9767 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X