Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you forgot to explain why he wouldn't have been arrested , in my knowledge IDOC officers are not deputized and can not carry on public way unless they transport inmates.
    Now, with all respect to you but never tell me should I reply or not, this is free country, at least still.

Comment

• Could possibly be within Public Act 096-0230.

It basically has a bunch of sections exempting various groups of qualified people while traveling between their home, any places (plural) of employment, and while in the performance of their duties.

It comes down to whether or not the person in question is defined as being within one of these categories.
      “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
        Looks like you forgot to explain why he wouldn't have been arrested , in my knowledge IDOC officers are not deputized and can not carry on public way unless they transport inmates.
        Now, with all respect to you but never tell me should I reply or not, this is free country, at least still.
        You are more than free to do as you please however passing bad information that was verbally obtained from a source who verbally obtained the information from another source is simply a rumor............The sign that may or may not still be posted at the front entrance and inside of your institution which lists prohibited items references the law. I simply ask that instead of repeating a rumor you stick to the golden rule of Corrections which is "truth through verification" and actually look up the law it refers to. You will find that the sign is outdated.

If you don't know what the "black suit" is then I am not going to get into the particulars of the questions. However since he traveled from the range to the academy he was acting within the scope of his duty. I suggest you actually read the law that governs your agency before making assumptions.

Again this is a free country and you can do as you please but keep in mind that when you spread bad information and your source is "he said, she said" your credibility becomes questionable.
        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
        Me: you really want an answer to that
        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Does anyone know how many Officers IDOC hires for Stateville? I am just trying to see what is the possibility of getting that location, thanks in advance.

Comment

• @hapkidoka, now you see my frustrations... I believe I've already stressed my disdain with 'officers,' not knowing the laws and policies that directly pertain to them. Almost seems as if the state wants to keep their people in the dark.

@Robocop I don't think anyone really knows the answer to this question, all IDOC hiring is done at the needs of the particular institution. I tested just last week and according to the Lieutenant who oversaw the testing Stateville has a rather lengthy list. They do hire by a scoring system however, so not to be deterred, if you can pull a kick as score you'll get a hire spot on the list. FYI, you can change your prison choice at anytime within the year you're playing the waiting game.

Comment

• Also, @ gradient shift is correct..., but that something else I've already said. C/O's are allowed to carry a hour before work and a hour after work and while performing their duties in situations that call for a weapon (things that take them outside the facility) .

Comment

• [QUOTE=HapkidoKa;3490154]You are more than free to do as you please however passing bad information that was verbally obtained from a source who verbally obtained the information from another source is simply a rumor............The sign that may or may not still be posted at the front entrance and inside of your institution which lists prohibited items references the law. I simply ask that instead of repeating a rumor you stick to the golden rule of Corrections which is "truth through verification" and actually look up the law it refers to. You will find that the sign is outdated.

If you don't know what the "black suit" is then I am not going to get into the particulars of the questions. However since he traveled from the range to the academy he was acting within the scope of his duty. I suggest you actually read the law that governs your agency before making assumptions.

Again this is a free country and you can do as you please but keep in mind that when you spread bad information and your source is "he said, she said" your credibility becomes questionable.[/QUO

LOL,this guy!
                Last edited by Americoza; 07-03-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Americoza;3490317]
                  Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                  You are more than free to do as you please however passing bad information that was verbally obtained from a source who verbally obtained the information from another source is simply a rumor............The sign that may or may not still be posted at the front entrance and inside of your institution which lists prohibited items references the law. I simply ask that instead of repeating a rumor you stick to the golden rule of Corrections which is "truth through verification" and actually look up the law it refers to. You will find that the sign is outdated.

Again this is a free country and you can do as you please but keep in mind that when you spread bad information and your source is "he said, she said" your credibility becomes questionable.[/QUO

LOL,this guy!
                  Dude I know I come off as "hard" at times but there's still respect and I wish all of you guys the best in your careers.

@Magnus- it's not that the IDOC wants to keep it's staff in the dark- their hands are tied. They have to go by the direction of the legal department who goes by the direction of the States Attorney. So if the law changes they will still refer to past practice until they are given direction to filter down.
                  Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                  Me: you really want an answer to that
                  Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Does anyone know how promotions work for this department? I heard that promotions go by seniority but was not sure, thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1987RoboCop View Post
                      Does anyone know how promotions work for this department? I heard that promotions go by seniority but was not sure, thanks in advance.
                      The Lt. at my test said by seniority, but he also also looked no older than 35 and the Officer standing next to him was clearly approaching his 60s, if not already there. I know it means nothing, but just a thought... maybe it's by seniority and application, meaning if you are an officer with 10 years you don't just automatically become a Sgt. there has to be a need and you have to apply...just an assumption maybe someone who 's been there can chime in.

Comment

• We just promoted some officers to sargents at stateville. Let's just say that no one over a 1997 hire date was promoted.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• Well there you have it... I came across the 2013 dept press release yesterday (on their website) where Director Godinez was quoted as saying they promote by "merit."
                          Last edited by Magnus_C; 07-06-2014, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• What's a good score to obtain in order to get hired at stateville.

Comment

• Past posts have stated that 50-60 is average, but from how I understand the process this is an impossible questions to answer. Ranking is based by score, hiring based by need... (hypothetical situation) if they open a new building and end up needing 30 people, people with scores of 40 may get the call... every score has the potential to be called, best to do is hope for a **** ton of retirements and career changes within a year of your test date. Hope that made some kinda sense, probably sounded a lot better in my head as I was typing it.
                              Last edited by Magnus_C; 07-07-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• I know getting this job is getting harder and harder. For example, my entire stateville class had either 4 years active duty in the military w/ security experience or a BA degree w/ security experience. It could be 50 to get hired, it could be 80. So many variables come into play.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5462 users online. 255 members and 5207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X