Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way it sounds... You never get mandated...lol

Comment

• What's a mandate? I've been mandated twice with only 2 stars. Thank god for officers that enjoy working ot lol.
      Vaya con dios

Comment

• if anyone is still interested or still in the process of the background investigation heres some info i got when i called them last week. I spoke to a hr rep and i asked her if my background check was complete yet and she told me not yet. I then explained to her that i heard that if your employer does not send back the employment verification letter back to them that your background check will be on hold indefinitely. she then explained to me that this is entirely not true and everyone is placed on the hiring list according to their score and that I was also on the hiring list and that they complete background checks based on who is next up on the list when they hire and in the event that a employer does not send back the employment verification that there are other methods of verification and it will not prevent you from completing the background and being hired.

Comment

• Well that's good.

Btw, calls should be going out very soon for stateville. We will have 87 in the academy class! That's the sound of my seniority shooting up! Weekends off is so close!
          Vaya con dios

Comment

• wow 87 sounds like alot. stateville was my primary choice when i applied and i have a score of 70. hopefully ill get the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by equalsword View Post
              wow 87 sounds like alot. stateville was my primary choice when i applied and i have a score of 70. hopefully ill get the call.
              You will. A score of 70 is really good, just a matter of when.
              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureCop88 View Post
                Thanks for the info. Why do they require you to pass range as a part of the academy if you're not allowed to have a weapon? Also, if you dont mind me asking... about how much money did you spend while in the academy for everything you needed? ex: uniform, shoes, or anything else required by IDOC
                http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/full...743&print=true

This bill was introduced in 2013 and passed this year if I'm not mistaken allowing IDOC to carry off duty. From the sounds of it they are not passing this information on to their employees, and recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post

This bill was introduced in 2013 and passed this year if I'm not mistaken allowing IDOC to carry off duty. From the sounds of it they are not passing this information on to their employees, and recruits.
                  This bill was sponsored by FORMER Rep. Sacia who left the House in Sept. 2013. However there are always similar bills and modifications being introduced that both the union and FOP brings to the attention of staff. The agency however has no duty to bring proposed legislation to staff attention as they shouldn't because it can cause confusion.
                  Last edited by HapkidoKa; 06-10-2014, 12:17 PM.
                  Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                  Me: you really want an answer to that
                  Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                    This bill was sponsored by FORMER Rep. Sacia who left the House in Sept. 2013. However there are always similar bills and modifications being introduced that both the union and FOP brings to the attention of staff. The agency however has no duty to bring proposed legislation to staff attention as they shouldn't because it can cause confusion.
                    HapkidoKa is correct. The bill was introduced, and read one time. It was not voted on by the the House, which means it never made it to the Senate nor the Governor. If you take a look at the HB2743 status page on the ILGA website you can see that it has stalled.

As such, there is nothing for IDOC to pass on to their employees and recruits.
                    “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradient Shift View Post
                      HapkidoKa is correct. The bill was introduced, and read one time. It was not voted on by the the House, which means it never made it to the Senate nor the Governor. If you take a look at the HB2743 status page on the ILGA website you can see that it has stalled.

As such, there is nothing for IDOC to pass on to their employees and recruits.
                      ...interesting, I would think though that with concealed carry now in effect it doesn't even really matter at this point. A CO with ambitions of carrying off duty would just need to apply for a ccp and done, making the places he/she can't carry in IL very limited (and I use the word 'very' loosely) ... of course he/she still wouldn't be able to carry within the wire, but I'd believe that not only is that a policy, it's common sense.

Comment

...interesting, I would think though that with concealed carry now in effect it doesn't even really matter at this point. A CO with ambitions of carrying off duty would just need to apply for a ccp and done, making the places he/she can't carry in IL very limited (and I use the word 'very' loosely) ... of course he/she still wouldn't be able to carry within the wire, but I'd believe that not only is that a policy, it's common sense.
                        You are the one that brought this topic up.........
                        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                        Me: you really want an answer to that
                        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                          You are the one that brought this topic up.........
                          I actually didn't, hence the quote from another poster.... but you are right, in hindsight AS ALREADY STATED, it doesn't even really matter anymore I suppose... I do think C/Os should be able to carry 24/7, and not just because they have a CCW permit, and I'm sure no one here is arguing against that.

Comment

• Anyone know when they are planning on hiring again????

Comment

• They just did. There will be a class of over a 100 in springfield sometime this month.
                              Vaya con dios

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                                They just did. There will be a class of over a 100 in springfield sometime this month.
                                So they aren't going to hire after this class???? I just took the test a month ago, so I miss the opportunity to get hired again I See.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10158 users online. 331 members and 9827 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X