Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah they have so many people trying to go through that they may just toss you to the side and forget about you. If I could get those verification letters I would probably get them faster than the state BI just because it's my personal business and I would make it my top priority. But I'm sure they have to go through the right person for them to be legit.

Comment

• Question for everybody, do you ever talk to the BI for the state? I heard they only have two working on these backgrounds, must be nuts.

Comment

• i believe the letter i received with my score said they would contact you if there were any issues or extra information that they needed. apparently that does not apply to the employer verification letters haha.

Comment

• Apparently not.lol I just tested but I really need a better job so I'm just anxious and hope that doesn't happen to me. On the other hand CPD is moving fast don't know whether to be happy or afraid..lol

Comment

• yea im hoping to get on with cpd or idoc by the end of year but i have a feeling ill get a chance with cpd faster since my lottery number is in the 1400s. i feel a little irritated because i might have actually had a chance to get on with idoc already because they told me they sent the employer verification letters after the first week the background investigation started and that was about 5 months ago

Comment

• Call all your employers! I read somewhere that the state fiscal year starts in July so they may schedule you for an academy before you expire. Stay in their ear.

Comment

• definitely going to do that and i also told them to resend the employer verification letters so im gonna be calling at least twice a week or hell everyday if i have to lol

Comment

• Yup can't wait for that fun. I'm going to go one of my days off to each one when the time comes.

Comment

• If any are interested, we are going to mass hire for Stateville for the re opening of IYC Joliet as a mental health center.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Eiba, that is good news hope we hear something. My first choice was Stateville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                        If any are interested, we are going to mass hire for Stateville for the re opening of IYC Joliet as a mental health center.
                        Do you know anyone I can talk to about getting in? I have a score of 70 and been in the background check for about 6 months now because one of my previous employers never replied to the employment check.

Comment

• There's really no one on the state side that could help. You need to go to that employer and talk to the hr. When did you test? Sometimes backgrounds take 2 months, sometimes it takes 11 months. Btw, 70 is a good score. I believe my score was like 78.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• took the test back in october 2013. i talked to hr directly and they said they never received any such letter so i called idoc in springfield and they said they would resend the letter to my employer last week so im waiting again for them to get the letter. the waiting game is kinda irritating because i feel like i probably would of been hired by now had it not been for that letter which i am almost positive is the only thing that is holding me up in the background check.

Comment

• Calls are going out someone who I went to the academy with got a second chance to start June 16th. Plenty of time hopefully some of you make it!

Comment

• By the way, to encourage more people to apply we have an excellent benefit program called swap. Basically you swap shifts with other officers. My schedule is as follows. Sunday, Monday I work doubles. Tuesday I work 8hrs. Then I have off wed thu Fri and sat every week! Yep it's that sweet.
                                Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8619 users online. 444 members and 8175 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X