Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissMe, good advice! I will keep you and everyone else posted.

Comment

• I have Idoc testing next month in St Charles.

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if it has been answered.

-does the testing really take 10 hours

-what is the physical portion?

-how is the written?

I've take cms100 tests at the Daley center before for il state jobs and they were pretty simple.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• I read the thread and when they shake you down they look at your tattoos?

I'm early in the process and I have quite a few. What is the deal with tattoos for IDOC?

Comment

• Birdmang, there are a lot of guys with tattoos at the test. I don't know about the guys who are otj. I believe they are ok with them as long as they are not gang related, of course. I believe they will ask you for a description of them at the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdmang View Post
            I read the thread and when they shake you down they look at your tattoos?

I'm early in the process and I have quite a few. What is the deal with tattoos for IDOC?
            During the interview they will ask you to describe your tattoos in writing and may or may not follow up later in the process. On the first day is the academy they will take everyone with tattoos aside and view them. The more complex, unique and suspicious ones will be photographed to ensure they aren't gang related or tied to any other similar group.
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• If I have a lot would it be best to have a list written down and bring with on the interview/test day?

Comment

• I just got my letter to come for the physical agility testing May 15. Does it really take 10 hours to complete the testing?

Comment

• I think I got there at 8am and left somewhere around 3pm when I went.
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

If I have a lot would it be best to have a list written down and bring with on the interview/test day?
                    If they are not hang related, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If you put a tat on your body that is gang related, I wouldn't even go to the test.
                    Vaya con dios

Comment

• Nope not in a gang or have a gang tattoo. Lol

Comment

If I have a lot would it be best to have a list written down and bring with on the interview/test day?
                        I wouldn't. I'd just put sleeve on right arm etc and let them view it when if you get hired.
                        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                        Me: you really want an answer to that
                        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
                          Americoza, I read through some of the other threads and I heard that happens to a lot of people. If I don't get called this time I will reapply next year. It's all about luck and timing, right? Hopefully my former employers cooperate. If they don't, is there a way around it? And I applied for Stateville and Pontiac, the drive will be worse for Pontiac so I hope they call me for Stateville.
                          Anybody else on this forum just test? I can't be the only one..lol
                          Unfortunately there is no way around this proceedure, if your previous employers don't cooperate it will put your BG on hold until your application status hits experation. Here is a trick I did, the letters to your employers will arrive within a week or two, I went personally to every one of them and made sure that they answer to those letters.
                          Last edited by Americoza; 04-27-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                            Unfortunately there is no way around this proceedure, if your previous employers don't cooperate it will put your BG on hold until your application status hits experation. Here is a trick I did, the letters to your employers will arrive within a week or two, I went personally to every one of them and made sure that they answer to those letters.
                            im really glad that I found this website and read some information on here because i took the test back in october 2013 and received a score of 70. I was hoping to get hired by now. I called them up today and they said I still have not completed the background check so I am assuming that my employers never received or disregarded the mail they sent.

Comment

• Yeah I would follow Americoza's advice and follow up with each employer. I have some disregarding type former employers and they are not going to disregard this that's for sure. (Big boy pants on!)

Comment

• I think its kinda silly how they do not follow up with you letting you know that your still on hold because of a simple letter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12724 users online. 476 members and 12248 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X