Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes the tact team is strictly voluntary.... No extra pay. But you have the chance to either comp the over time or get it paid because I have to go in two hours before my shift on days there is practice.... Tact is going to make me look good in the future if I want to promote and with me being an officer for almost two years..... It will be a very long time before I even see any promotional jobs. You go back to the academy for a week to become certified (but you get to go home) and you will learn baton drills and riot formations and cell extractions... And you will get pepper sprayed. The good thing about that is the schedule deviation you will get the weekend before and after off since it's a mon-fri training. You can get into extra training as a tact member your training opportunities pretty much stop as an officer but being on teams such as tact increases those training opportunities. I believe you have to be off probation and in good standing because the warden approves who's on the team... If the institution need you you will be called and there's also state wide call outs and at anytime you can be called out to assist with shakedowns... I think that's pretty much it

Comment

• And yes promotions are by seniority

Comment

• MissMe, thanks for the information! I will look into it if I get the chance to even get on. I'm just worried about the call-ins idk if I can drive 5hours to menard if there's a shakedown..do they give some leeway on that, I'm nearest Stateville,sheridan and Pontiac.

Comment

• Originally posted by topflight View Post
          MissMe, thanks for the information! I will look into it if I get the chance to even get on. I'm just worried about the call-ins idk if I can drive 5hours to menard if there's a shakedown..do they give some leeway on that, I'm nearest Stateville,sheridan and Pontiac.
          When there is a statewide call out for Tact you will meet at your joint (or closer location) and ride out in state vehicles. I was on Tact and can honestly say that I miss the team. It opened a lot of doors for a lot of us. If you have any questions regarding the team pm me.

It seems like you need 20 years in to do anything but thats not all the way true. I know people with less than 10 years that have gone to IA/Intel, Parole and a guy that made LT in under 10 years. When I was there we has the UMP that was big and most promotions required a test that had a min score. If you scored below the min score they dropped you and listed those that score the min or better then used seniority to break ties.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Like hapkidoka said drive there in an agency vehicle depending on where you may stay at a hotel also... We thought we were going to get called out to menard but they only used southern region last I heard

Comment

• Great info, Hapkidoka! Sounds like a good idea to join if I get the chance. Miss Me, Hapkidoka, I will PM with more questions when the time comes.
              Those still on the inside know when they might be having another academy? It seems like November/ December they usually have one. Do they currently have one going now?

Comment

• Now they will conduct background investigation and it will take forever, when i first applied for idoc it took 10.5 months and then my application was expired and i had to start all over again. The next time it took only 4 months and i was hired. I think it all depends on how fast your previous employers respond to those referential letters and of course your score. If you are in mid 60's -70's it will get you hired at stateville or sheridan. If you are form chicago area those cc are the closest. The commute will be huge pain in the neck especially to sheridan.

Comment

• Currently Sheridan has plenty of officers. Many of the officers from Sheridan transferred over to stateville because ot is virtually non existent.
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

• Americoza, I read through some of the other threads and I heard that happens to a lot of people. If I don't get called this time I will reapply next year. It's all about luck and timing, right? Hopefully my former employers cooperate. If they don't, is there a way around it? And I applied for Stateville and Pontiac, the drive will be worse for Pontiac so I hope they call me for Stateville.
                    Anybody else on this forum just test? I can't be the only one..lol

Comment

• @Eiba, do you think sheridan will need people next year, or are they set for a while? I would like to make that my second choice if I have to reapply.

Comment

• Sheridan is a great c.c, if not the best in central and northern illinois. Put it this way, Sheridan has a very very very long waiting list for officers trying to transfer over there. I highly doubt it.
                        Vaya con dios

Comment

• *** disclaimer *** that's an opinion of mine and several officers that I know that have worked in several facilities. The waiting list thing is true though.
                          Vaya con dios

Comment

• There is currently a class in who will be done next week... I highly doubt a class will be in November/December because of the holidays. 4 classes were scheduled to go through this fiscal year either this is it or there is one more class left... Not sure how many classes are budgeted next fiscal year but I would assume the nxt class will be some time in the summer, one in the beginning of fall and the there's almost always been a January class in my observations... Hopefully you'll hear something

Comment

• Originally posted by MissMe30 View Post
                              There is currently a class in who will be done next week... I highly doubt a class will be in November/December because of the holidays. 4 classes were scheduled to go through this fiscal year either this is it or there is one more class left... Not sure how many classes are budgeted next fiscal year but I would assume the nxt class will be some time in the summer, one in the beginning of fall and the there's almost always been a January class in my observations... Hopefully you'll hear something
                              Hopefully! If I expire in April is there any chance I can get called for an academy in the summer? I'll start sending PMs with questions now since it's a one man thread.lol lastly would it make sense to apply again at the beginning of the year or should I just wait till I expire?

Comment

• You could...it took me 6 months from the time I tested and me getting hired... Just hold out as it gets closer and u still haven't heard anything I would put an app in March if u haven't heard nothing by then

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10873 users online. 366 members and 10507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X