Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called central screening today to see if my background had been done and they told me it doesn’t look like it had or hasn’t been. They said as long as they don’t hear anything bad than that’s good. Smh, feel like I should have just put Sheridan for my first option.

Comment

• lonyne idk why they aren't doing things all the same with everyone. With my group, everyone had to bring the updated CMS100. The HR lady also told us that we're filling it out again at the academy. But then again that information that was given to us could be false. Better to be safe than sorry tho. It could also be how Stateville does their orientation.

doncon I wanted to ask but I didn't ask. I didn't feel it was appropriate. I'll try to ask on Thurs.

Comment

• lonyne
        lonyne commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I had to bring my CMS100 yesterday but wasn’t told about bringing it to the academy. I’ll ask tomorrow. Gotta be there tomorrow at 8am

• MicCon
        MicCon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I never had to bring CMS 100 to orientation. It’s interesting hearing how we all are about to go through the same thing but the little differences for each facility and how they operate even paperwork

• I talked to Springfield and the lady there said there wasn't another class until April. Kinda sucks cause that would be 10 months waiting to go to training.

Comment

• slimer07
        slimer07 commented
        Editing a comment
        She didnt say just for that facility.... she said altogether

• doncon
        doncon commented
        Editing a comment
        F****************************kkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

• doncon
        doncon commented
        Editing a comment
        But there would still be 2 more in February right?

• lonyne
        lonyne commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what one person had said. A couple classes in February.

• slimer07 oh okay. I’m sure things will change. I heard that they always change. Depends on needs.

Comment

• MicCon when did you go to the academy? What facility do you work for?
        Last edited by doncon; 01-30-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• MicCon
          MicCon commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for any confusion, I’m going to the academy February 4th. I had my orientation last week for Logan CC. We didn’t have to bring updated CMS 100.

• If someone in the academy or orientation can ask if there is another class coming up to give a little hope, it would be much appreciated.

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          I can try!

• All packed and ready to go!

Comment

• There’ll be another class March 18th for idjj, I wonder if it’ll be for cot as well.

Comment

• I wanted to apply for IDJJ as well but I'm not in shape for their physical exam

Comment

• doncon
              doncon commented
              Editing a comment
              What was your score? Do you have your bachelors?

• doncon
              doncon commented
              Editing a comment
              You have a bachelors?

• My score was a 56. I think I did bad in the interview part. I have a Bachelor in Social work.

Comment

• Got a denial email today.

Comment

• lonyne
                lonyne commented
                Editing a comment
                Appeal it ASAP. The appeal process is quick. Just give an explanation on what happened. Explain how you desperately need this opportunity.

• Oh no I'm sorry. Did they say why?

Comment

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea apparently there was a situation I had when I was 17 but I did put it on the app I just thought it was not on my record since I work for the government and never had any issues. But also my girlfriend has been talking to her cousin which is in prison and I put her as an emergency contact and they found that. I never ever spoke to the guy didn’t even know he was in prison. Idek who he is literally, but I know it’s her cousin I just didn’t know she was communicating with him.

• slimer07
                slimer07 commented
                Editing a comment
                You can file an appeal they usually work quick

• We basically have the same situation going on. Except my cousin's boyfriend is now out of stateville but he was in the system when i first applied so idk. I haven't heard from them since the email for the tattoo. Can you appeal?

Comment

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I can appeal. I’m just not sure exactly what I should say. This was a major let down I was looking forward to this position.

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                You should definitely go for the ctot as well, the pay is better and there isn’t any physical requirements

• You should appeal. What was your score ? I applied for the CTO but they never contacted me to test only CO did.

Comment

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                Score was a 68

• Week one is done. What a relief!

Comment

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I did appeal but I’m not gonna get my hopes up. What all went down your first week?

• lonyne
                lonyne commented
                Editing a comment
                First week was hectic but all class room stuff. Nothing spectacular. Next two weeks will be the fun time parts. Range and CT

• doncon
                doncon commented
                Editing a comment
                If you don’t mind me asking why did you get the denial? And what did you say to have them change their mind!

• lonyne
                lonyne commented
                Editing a comment
                I got denied because I didn’t realize visiting my sister at a detention center was considered part of DOC, and they denied me for “falsifying/omitting” information. I made a formal appeal email explaining the situation on how I didn’t know it was DOC., expressing how badly I needed this opportunity, and within 2 days I was eligible for hire. Just explain yourself thoroughly. How you’ve changed, etc. email is fastest solution.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5813 users online. 187 members and 5626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X