Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! That's great! when do you start the academy? Okay I feel better. The only thing is that Stateville is my first choice so maybe that's holding me back.

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don’t mind switching to Sheridan, i would definitely recommend that. They’re still hiring! I start February 4th!

• That's pretty far for me. Do you live by Sheridan? I'm hoping I get a call next ugh.

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I currently am about half hour from Sheridan, but once I’m done with the academy, I’m moving closer to there.

• That's not too bad. Once you start the academy can you find out about the score situation for me please. Thanks

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      I would call central screening and ask if stateville goes under 60. Just to be curious.

• Okay so the lady said they do go below 60 but it depends on how many people they need. She couldn't really tell me. They go with the highest score so who knows if they will reach mine.

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      Stateville hired everyone this round. One person I’ve been messaging said they finished hiring the 20 they needed. But keep in mind, they’re doing multiple rounds of hiring this month.

• Congrats..... I'll just keep waiting here.... F my life!

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t give up hope! You’ll get a call. What prison did you have as first choice?

• Illinois rivver and Hill

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no clue if those are hiring currently. Have you asked central screening?

• I'm hoping they go down the list to reach my score. I wonder what score the 20 at stateville have.

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not sure. But I’d call tomorrow and ask if they’re still hiring. If they say yes, my guess is that stateville is in another academy date next.

• doncon
      doncon commented
      Editing a comment
      Xbambiix29 received a back up call with a 72, congrats by the way, so maybe we’ll be next.

• Just got an email regarding documents prior to orientation. Did yall get the call for orientation yet? if so what day?

Comment

• lonyne
      lonyne commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I did. Monday and Wednesday.

• got orientation this tues and thurs!

Comment

• I’m finally able to post after registering here in December lol. I took my test December 6th at CSU. My choices are Stateville then Sheridan. Haven’t received a letter with score yet but I called and was told it was a 68. My mom works for idjj and a co work told her they don’t go under a 70 there but according to some of these post on this thread, that’s not true.

Comment

• I tested the same day as you doncon ! if I dnt get a call to go as backup for feb 4th, I'm confident there will be another academy soon after which I'll be in forsure and I'm pretty sure u will get the call soon!

Comment

• doncon
          doncon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir!!! But you’re still going to orientation even though it’s not confirmed that you’re going as backup?

• doncon they originally told me I have to go to orientation even if it's not official tht I may go. they just wanted me to have all paperwork, drug test etc done just in case.

side note: I officially got the call tht I am no longer a backup. I am officially goin feb4!!

I also never got my score in the mail. yall should call to ask if background cleared and for score.

Comment

• doncon
          doncon commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats!!! Please tell tell us about the orientation and the list of things you can take to the academy. I believe I called and asked about my background and they told me they couldn’t tell me anything. They tell me something different every time honestly I called before a lady said I was on the hiring list, I called again and a lady told me no one would ever tell me that there lol. I was told by someone to call a guy name Dave campton but I don’t even know what to ask or say

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! See you the 4th!

• lonyne how was your first day of orientation?

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          It was longer than expected because the two other guys couldn’t go pee for the drug test lol we had to do 2 urine tests. I was there from 8-130 today. Gave blood, got a tb shot. Paperwork. But all worth it!

• Academy is on Feb 4
        Day 1 of orientation: I went to the wrong area. I followed my GPS and it took me to a different entrance. If you are coming from IL-53 (Broadway St) goin SOUTH dont turn onto division st. keep driving south and you will see a different unmarked entrance on the right soon after. If you're travelling NORTH on IL-53 (Broadwat St.) turn left just before Division St.

We were advised to leave phones, purses and key set in our cars. It is cold in the facility so wear appropriate clothing. Don't wear joggers.

We had to get a couple shots. Then after, we had to take a urine test 1 time. Someone will be watching.

We then were led to a different room where they take your fingerprints and take your ID picture.

After that, we were led to an area near payroll and we started filling out lots of paperwork (Insurance, W4, retirement plans). I heard they will go in further detail about the insurance and retirement plans on tues feb 5. Make sure you bring drivers liscense ID, SS card or original birth certificate, college transcripts or highest degree and updated CMS100 form (If they asked for it). They will make copies. When we attend academy we will have rewrite our CMS100 forms...again.

Ask a lot of questions and write stuff down for your own knowledge.

I bought duty boots (waterproof and insulated)
        Bates brand 8" zip. After taxes $155.

Comment

• lonyne
          lonyne commented
          Editing a comment
          They told me the CMS100 was only needed at orientation and then if you get promoted. That’s it. They never informed me that we’d need it at the academy.

• Also, there were 6 people in my orientation group. (2 males, 4 females). I asked when did everyone test and 3 people including myself tested dec 6 2018, 2 people tested early oct and late oct 2018, 1 person tested in Sept 2018. ( she is our backup candidate). I also asked if they ever got their scores in the mail. All of dec group and late oct person never got their score in the mail.

Comment

• doncon
          doncon commented
          Editing a comment
          Did anyone say their scores?

• MicCon
          MicCon commented
          Editing a comment
          I tested September 21st and didn’t get my score in the mail until December 22nd

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7362 users online. 241 members and 7121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X